Difference in overclock on 980ti Reference vs 980ti Superclocked+ ?

ClownFace1511

I have the choice to get a reference 980ti or the superclocked+ one. Yes I would love to get a Zotac or Gigabyte G1 but there are no waterblocks for those cards. So yes, the cards will be water cooled and price is not a problem.

When manual overclocking both cards, is there a difference? Should I get the Superclocked over the reference?

[Case Mod] Operation: The Division --- > Here

[CUSTOM WATER COOLED TABLE] Project: Ravage ---> Here

-== QUOTE ME IN YOUR REPLY IF YOU WANT ME TO RESPOND ==-

the 980 ti superclocked comes overclocked out of the box and will overclock better due to better cooling. keep in mind though that the silicon lottery must also be taken into consideration

Rigs I've Built

The Striker i5 4590 @ 3.7 ||  MSI GTX 980 Armor X2 || Corsair RMX 750 || Team Elite Plus 8 GB || Define S || MSI Z97S SLI Krait

The Office PC i3 4160 @ 3.6 || Intel 4600 || EVGA 500B || G.Skill 8 GB || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M Pro4

The Friend PC G3258 @ 4.3 || Sapphire R9 280X Tri-X || EVGA 600B || 8 GB Dell Ram || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M- iTX/ac

The Mom Gaming PC A10-7890K @ 4.4 || iGPU + ASUS R7 250 ||  8 GB Klevv DDR3-2800 Mhz

Guessing this is for your amazing computer table  :lol:

Following your progress, sorry I couldn't answer :P

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439354-why-nvidia/

won't matter. you'll want to manually oc the card anyways. i recommend using maxwell bios tweeter for the best gainz. 

the 980 ti superclocked comes overclocked out of the box and will overclock better due to better cooling. keep in mind though that the silicon lottery must also be taken into consideration

Cooling doesnt matter, cards will be watercooled. I saw some reviews and on air there is like a 5fps difference, the Sc performing better.

If you're watercooling just get the reference, only custom card I would buy is the Kingpin if you wanted to do SLI and wanted the ASIC rating on both cards to be the same so you can pretty overclock it the same voltage

Setup

CPU: i3 4160|Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE|RAM: Kingston HyperX Blue 8GB(2x4GB)|GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4GB|PSU: Seasonic M12II EVO 620W Modular|Storage: 1TB WD Blue|Case: NZXT S340 Black|PCIe devices: TP-Link WDN4800| Montior: ASUS VE247H| Others: PS3/PS4

Cooling doesnt matter, cards will be watercooled. I saw some reviews and on air there is like a 5fps difference, the Sc performing better.

The SC+ card will invariably perform better than a non-overclocked reference card, for two reasons - the cooler, and the higher clock speed.

Getting an SC+ is ideal if you don't intend to overclock the GPU yourself, but ideally, you can get the 980 Ti on the ACX 2.0+ cooler and overclock it yourself, or even on the reference cooler if you're not too concerned about heat and you have a good amount of airflow in the case.

If you're watercooling, however, EVGA have the Hydro Copper range, which has a water block preinstalled.

DAYTONA

PROCESSOR - AMD RYZEN 7 3700X
MOTHERBOARD - ASUS PRIME X370-PRO
RAM - 32GB (4x8GB) CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX DDR4-2400
CPU COOLING - NOCTUA NH-D14
GRAPHICS CARD - EVGA NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0 w/ BACKPLATE
BOOT and PROGRAMS - CORSAIR MP600 1TB
GAMES and FILES - TOSHIBA 2TB
INTERNAL BACKUP - WESTERN DIGITAL GREEN 4TB
POWER SUPPLY - CORSAIR RM850i
CASE - CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 750D

The SC+ card will invariably perform better than a non-overclocked reference card, for two reasons - the cooler, and the higher clock speed.

Getting an SC+ is ideal if you don't intend to overclock the GPU yourself, but ideally, you can get the 980 Ti on the ACX 2.0+ cooler and overclock it yourself, or even on the reference cooler if you're not too concerned about heat and you have a good amount of airflow in the case.

If you're watercooling, however, EVGA have the Hydro Copper range, which has a water block preinstalled.

This is what i presumed. I have already bought the ek blocks for the 980ti so I didnt worry about getting the hydro series. :)

This is what i presumed. I have already bought the ek blocks for the 980ti so I didnt worry about getting the hydro series. :)

Fair enough. In that case, just pick your poison: the reference 980 Ti, the SuperClocked 980 Ti, or the SC+ 980 Ti on the ACX 2.0+ cooler that you're gonna be removing.

Also, skimmed through your table build. Nice work, man!

DAYTONA

PROCESSOR - AMD RYZEN 7 3700X
MOTHERBOARD - ASUS PRIME X370-PRO
RAM - 32GB (4x8GB) CORSAIR VENGEANCE LPX DDR4-2400
CPU COOLING - NOCTUA NH-D14
GRAPHICS CARD - EVGA NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0 w/ BACKPLATE
BOOT and PROGRAMS - CORSAIR MP600 1TB
GAMES and FILES - TOSHIBA 2TB
INTERNAL BACKUP - WESTERN DIGITAL GREEN 4TB
POWER SUPPLY - CORSAIR RM850i
CASE - CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 750D