3 Monitor Setup | 2 Diffrent Graphics Cards

Blacer
Go to solution Solved by defunkt,

Just having extra monitors on a desktop or a browser or whatever wont effect your frame rate at all. 

Hello everyone,

Im thinking of getting a third monitor, not to use them for gaming, I will continue gaming on only one of them. Im currently running my GTX 680 SC with 2 monitors and Im a little bit scared to loose to many frames if I plug in 3 monitors in the same card. 

To my questions:

Will a 3 monitor setup work if I get my main monitor into my GTX 680 SC and my 2 others into a random 650 for example?

Is it even worth considering a second graphics card just for this or isnt there any diffrence?

Have a nice weekend.

I'm not entirely sure what you're asking for. The only time the second GPU is relevant in multi-monitor setups is when you're running a game with eyefinity or whatever the Nvidia equivalent is. The second graphics card cannot be used to connect additional displays. Your performance will most likely not be that much negatively impacted unless your have a 680 with a low amount of ram and applications that consume high amounts of Vram.

Error: 410

Just having extra monitors on a desktop or a browser or whatever wont effect your frame rate at all. 

hello

You won't get Nvidia surround as soon as you plug in a third monitor, if you want that you have to set it up manually.

So you can still game on 1 monitor even if you have 3 plugged in.

You won't get Nvidia surround as soon as you plug in a third monitor, if you want that you have to set it up manually.

So you can still game on 1 monitor even if you have 3 plugged in.

I know that, dont worry. I was just worried about frames.