Stereo, mono, only 1 speaker works, i don't know! I need help...

samcool55

Hi!

So today i got some new stuff to bring my old ps2 back to life, yaaay.

And everything works, exept there is a small audio issue.

The adapter that converts the PS2 analog signal to digital (hdmi), only converts the right audio signal.

Result: Only 1 speaker works, yaay...

The way the audio goes is this: PS2 > PS2 analog to digital converter > HDMI cable > Monitor > 3.5mm cable > pc > stereo system.

So my pc passes the audio signal to the stereo system, and i hope that can fix it.

I just want the sound signal of the right speaker to be also send to the left speaker. But i don't know how to configure that. Yes i will lose the stereo experience but i don't really care, i just want to enjoy the game. So i need the audio signal of the right speaker to be used for the left speaker and the right speaker.

Any idea how i can do this?

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Does the adapter itself say it only converts the right channel, or did you just assume? It might have a broken pin or something. If its not broken you could just use an RCA to 3.5mm converter directly to some speakers.

Does the adapter itself say it only converts the right channel, or did you just assume? It might have a broken pin or something. If its not broken you could just use an RCA to 3.5mm converter directly to some speakers.

I'm assuming it does, the manual doesn't say anything about audio. I don't know if the adapter is faulty or the connector in the ps2 itself is bad, i do know the connector in the ps2 isn't that great anymore and could have some issues with the pins properly connecting.

I'm using this adapter: http://www.dx.com/nl/p/otime-ot-g300-ps2-male-to-hdmi-female-game-converter-w-mini-usb-3-5mm-black-366317#.VckgB26qhBc

Yes it has a 3.5mm jack, i tried that, but the audio is horrible, it sounds like the volume of the audio is 200% or something weird like that, it sounds awful so that's not an option.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

I'm assuming it does, the manual doesn't say anything about audio. I don't know if the adapter is faulty or the connector in the ps2 itself is bad, i do know the connector in the ps2 isn't that great anymore and could have some issues with the pins properly connecting.

I'm using this adapter: http://www.dx.com/nl/p/otime-ot-g300-ps2-male-to-hdmi-female-game-converter-w-mini-usb-3-5mm-black-366317#.VckgB26qhBc

Yes it has a 3.5mm jack, i tried that, but the audio is horrible, it sounds like the volume of the audio is 200% or something weird like that, it sounds awful so that's not an option.

You could try cleaning out the sockets with compressed air, I just use one of these since the PS2 doesn't output more than 480i anyways. Even classic RCA cables output 480i. BUT if your TV only has HDMI I would try to diagnose which part might be faulty. The RCA cable, the converter, or even the HDMI cable could be bad. Good luck.

You could try cleaning out the sockets with compressed air, I just use one of these since the PS2 doesn't output more than 480i anyways. Even classic RCA cables output 480i. BUT if your TV only has HDMI I would try to diagnose which part might be faulty. The RCA cable, the converter, or even the HDMI cable could be bad. Good luck.

I use my pc monitor to connect my ps2. I used scart in the past but since our tv died a couple of months ago and our new one doesn't have scart,  the PS2 was useless because i had nothing to connect it, and now i can connect it with HDMI and that's what i want.

Also my monitor reported resolutions higher than 480i, i saw 576i or close to that with burnout 3. And that's what the ps2 legit puts out because if i change between 50hz and 60hz, the resoution changes. not much, but it does.

There are no RCA cables anymore, only an HDMI cable and a 3.5mm cable, and both are fine because the hdmi was previously used for my digital TV box thingy and the 3.5mm cable does send proper stereo if i'm watching TV on my monitor. So the cables are all fine.

I will try to clean the port tomorrow, can't make much noise atm D: People are sleeing...