Windows 8.1 Startup + Windows 10 install.

HeyLookItsRed

So I used to have Windows 7 installed on a 500gb HDD until I bought a SSD last year. So I decided to install windows 8.1 on the SSD for the faster boot and when I booted up my pc It came to a screen asking me to choose an Operating system, this has not really been a problem. Recently I gave away the 500GB HDD as I got a new 1tb one and the when the PC launches the screen still asks me to choose an operating system, it works fine if I click but if I click windows 7 it restarts (Obviously). I was thinking if there was any way to turn this feature off?. Also I recently downloaded windows 10 through windows 8.1, and when the download finishes the computer configures it and restarts, and when it reboots it takes me back to the screen which tells me to choose and operating system, and I think it is stopping me from installing windows 10. Any response is greatly appreciated, thanks!

Yes. In Windows 8.1, open msconfig (Start > type: msconfig > Enter), go under the Boot tab, and remove your Windows 7.

Simply select it, and hit the Delete button. Click OK, and restart your system.