What to expect with my nexus 9

Mightyinvader

Hello, I posted this here and not in mobile devices because well I consider that section phones only however please mods if It does belong there move it. Sorry for the mispost.

Anyway, I was going to buy the Nvidia shield tablet however with the recall I was not able to find a seller who wasn't charging 700 dollars for a new one. So I looked around and did some research, I ended up at the nexus 9, it also shared the Tegra k1 that the shield had and overall had good reviews; however, there seemed to be different issues for different folks, for some the 2bg of ram (admittedly small amount) was a major (I hesitate to say bottleneck) disappointment for many. However other reviews found that it had no issue. There were reports of light bleed on some and none on other however based on reviews HTC's RMA team is really great for these issues. So I decided to purchase the 16gb black model. Interestingly apparently the white model doesn't have flex on the back plate as was reported with some black models (no idea why.) I wanted the 32gb model however the 16 gb model was on sale for 325$, quite a bargain in my mind. My main use for this tablet will be hearthstone, hence why I wanted a Tegra K1, however I do worry about the ram. The nexus 7 has been said to work flawlessly in game so I guess I shouldn't be too worried. Anyway, I will also torrent some movies on there to play from my chromecast ( again the 32gb model would have worked better but I saved about 150$~ with the 16gb. So I was curious if any of you had nexus 9's and had any issues or what you think the tablet excels at. I watched most youtube reviews and they all had mixed bags, many saying the price was the deterrent for choosing this over the now recalled shield tablet.

So yes, TL;DR what is your experience eith the nexus 9 (if you have one) in gaming, day to day, music, picture quality, apps like youtube ETC, also looking for case recommendations. Thank you,

Mighty

My article on subscription based services and why they are the way forward http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/382625-what-the-future-holds/

Hearthstone was fine. The tablet got pretty warm when I played a couple months back, but there wasn't any lag/framerate loss. 

Everything about it is fast. Speed is limited only by animation lengths. 

To be honest, I don't get why people make such a big deal out of the light bleed. Mine does have some light bleeding around the edges, but I never notice it unless I'm looking for it. 

I have the black version, and the flexing is minimal - nothing to be worried about. I never got creaking noises, contrary to Notebookcheck's evaluation. The tablet's been knocked to hard, tiled floor a couple times. Its only battle scar is an unsightly, small silver dent on the corner. 

The speakers are good for a tablet - the bass is somewhat present and the treble is restrained. For professional audio folks, it sounds like there's an accentuation at 500 Hz - the sound isn't exactly "rich," but it's warm. The headphone output is missing some clarity in the high-end and it seems to have a slight dip (0.5 - 1 dB?) around the 500 Hz - 1000 Hz range. 

The screen is beautifully sharp and it has accurate colors, not oversaturated like some Samsung AMOLED displays are. According to Notebookcheck.net, the color temperature is completely neutral (6500k?). 

Any problems/annoying bugs I've had with YouTube are obviously not the tablet's fault, so there's nothing to say there. It tends to buffer more on the tablet than my computer, but it also defaults to a higher resolution (720p instead of 480p) than on my computer, so that's not the tablet's issue. I watched an entire Witcher 3 walkthrough on this baby, and it was good. 

Battery life is not as good as an iPad's, but it's still good and more than sufficient for my needs. 

I bought a horrible third-party case, so I've got no recommendations there. 

The only times I have problems with the RAM are using a DS Emulator for about one hour due to the emulator's memory leak. 

Feel free to ask anything else you might have on your mind. And use Notebookcheck - http://www.notebookcheck.net/HTC-Google-Nexus-9-Wi-Fi-32-GB-Tablet-Review.130446.0.html