Windows 10 Preview hasn't updated to full version

Go to solution Solved by ethconmeg,

Apparently windows 10 preview is not a win 10 beta as I had assumed.

If anyone knows how to upgrade to windows 10 RTM without clean install, that would be much appreciated.

Are you still a Insider? It should update to RTM atleast I had one machine that did but it was before they released Win10 to the masses

If anyone knows how to upgrade to windows 10 RTM without clean install, that would be much appreciated.

post-236326-0-04211400-1438976726.png

If you've been running the technical preview, you'll stay on the technical preview where you'll get newer updates before it's rolled out to the masses.

You have to do a clean install to get the real windows 10.

When in doubt: C4

A week or 2 before launch, microsoft stopped upgrading your build. You will have to re-install unfortunately in so far as i know.

10240 is the latest iirc.

When in doubt, re-format.

I'm running windows 10 preview build 10162.

STILL

(windows update says I am up to date)

Windows 10 is out right?

Why don't I have it.

pls halp.

You might want to try some of the force update commands people have been using in elevated command prompt. Sorry that I don't know any off the top of my head but a google search will find you a couple.

Sky Pollution | i5 3570k @4.8Ghz | MSi z77a g45 | MSi GTX 770 Gaming 2gb | Samsung 840 Evo 250gb, Samsung OEM 500gb HDD | Corsair CX750m | Corsair 760t White Edition |
Corsair M95 | SuperLux 668b's | Logitech C615 | ViewSonic VX2250wm | Random OEM keyboard until I rage break it and grab another random OEM keyboard from my pile.
Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186413-sky-pollution-my-white-760t-build-rebuildupgrade/

Is there no way to download win 10 and keep my data?

I doubt it. You MAY be able to upgrade with keeping your data, but your windows will likely not be activated then.

When in doubt, re-format.

Are you still a Insider? It should update to RTM atleast I had one machine that did but it was before they released Win10 to the masses

I downloaded the manual update tool from their website, it says it doesn't support win 10 preview, but I'm going to give it a shot anyway.

Download went perfectly smoothly with their manual installer. No data lost, windows is completely activated.