CSGO Lounge bets?

blu4

Won't be a discussion about gambling or who to bet for. I've seen lately teams with extremely low % of winning actually winning. For example HD vs FSid3 or Mouz vs Envyus. What do you think about this? I know those are chances but so many people bet on the stronger team and they lose everything.

See my blog for amusing encounters from IT workplace: http://linustechtips.com/main/blog/585-life-of-a-techie/

That's why it's called betting, sometimes you lose and sometimes you win and upsets sometimes happens. 

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

That's why it's called betting, sometimes you lose and sometimes you win and upsets sometimes happens. 

I know, but I wonder why so many people bet on one team that is 100% destined to win.

Team 1= 90% bets

Team 2= 10% bets

Which one will you pick based on the overall census? Team 1 OFC. They lose.

See my blog for amusing encounters from IT workplace: http://linustechtips.com/main/blog/585-life-of-a-techie/

I know, but I wonder why so many people bet on one team that is 100% destined to win.

Team 1= 90% bets

Team 2= 10% bets

Which one will you pick based on the overall census? Team 1 OFC. They lose.

Some people just follow the crowd and some people want to make some bank and hope that the underdog team will win. Betting is not a guarantee and sometimes the team that is thought to win will lose. Not every team will be at 100% win rate and there's sometimes going to be an upset.  

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

Won't be a discussion about gambling or who to bet for. I've seen lately teams with extremely low % of winning actually winning. For example HD vs FSid3 or Mouz vs Envyus. What do you think about this? I know those are chances but so many people bet on the stronger team and they lose everything.

I'm a csgo bettor, when you see that the game is going to play at lan most of the bettors will bet on the better and stronger team, they don't consider that the other team can upset them, then they go and cry about their skins on HLTV or reddit. Most of the successful bettors bet from match to match they don't bet on every single match, just like Kinguin vs VP match.

Even tho there is the odds sway'ers just to win more and more, there is some bettors get some inside information about the low tier games (scandals, throwing..etc), Some of the bettors get greedy about the skins and making profit let me give you an example if they won like 50 bucks they will take the high priced skins let's say that the skins worth 250 bucks and put them instantly on a strong team to win 50 bucks then that 'strong and powerful team' loses the match, to be honest i lost on Fnatic vs titan 200$ :S.

I sometimes bet on the underdog, .25 cent skin can sometimes have a return of $2+ so why not.

PC Specs: 

CPU: i7-9700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Elite | RAM: 16GB's Team T-Force Vulcan 3000MHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 1070 8GB AMP! Edition  | Storage: 500GB WD Caviar Blue | 1TB WD Caviar Black | Crucial BX200 240GB SSD | OS: Windows 10 64-bit  | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 650W 80+ Gold | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 | Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Headphones: Sennheiser HD 598 Special Edition's, HD 598 Cs | Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire XT MX Blues Monitors: Acer GN246HL 144Hz, Acer G226HQLBbd 60Hz | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro.

I sometimes bet on the underdog, .25 cent skin can sometimes have a return of $2+ so why not.

True, lots of bettors do it sometimes they do an icb on an underdog team, but there is the WILD bettors they drop all-in's on the underdogs most of the time they lose but when they win that potential reward is going to be too damn big :S.

True, lots of bettors do it sometimes they do an icb on an underdog team, but there is the WILD bettors they drop all-in's on the underdogs most of the time they lose but when they win that potential reward is going to be too damn big :S.

I mean there has to be a determining factor that would make even the underdog win a match. As you said, you lost 200 bucks when Fanatic lost to Titan and you know.. WTF. Wins seem so random now!

I mean there has to be a determining factor that would make even the underdog win a match. As you said, you lost 200 bucks when Fanatic lost to Titan and you know.. WTF. Wins seem so random now!

Teams inconsistent, some teams throw matches smartly, as you said there has to be a factor to determine who is going to win afaik lots of bettors do their own research about the teams/matches, anyway most of the low tier teams do lots of throws and i'm pretty sure 30 bettors would see it coming and bet on them and 30 bettors have inside information about throws inc happens a lot lately. To be honest there is some decent amount of bettors throw bets randomly. If you are tired of csgolounge bets try other websites there is some sick websites out there.

Teams inconsistent, some teams throw matches smartly, as you said there has to be a factor to determine who is going to win afaik lots of bettors do their own research about the teams/matches, anyway most of the low tier teams do lots of throws and i'm pretty sure 30 bettors would see it coming and bet on them and 30 bettors have inside information about throws inc happens a lot lately. To be honest there is some decent amount of bettors throw bets randomly. If you are tired of csgolounge bets try other websites there is some sick websites out there.

That is unlikely considering CSGOL in partnership with Valve monitors suspicious traffic of bets placed on extremely stacked odds. After the whole controversy with Virtus.Pro, ESC/G2, and KILLERFISH I highly doubt there is any throwing going on at the pro level. Only ones who would even have any motivation to do that are the main/premier NA teams, but most of the matches they play are too important to throw(many of them dictate whether or not they get out of main).

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

That is unlikely considering CSGOL in partnership with Valve monitors suspicious traffic of bets placed on extremely stacked odds. After the whole controversy with Virtus.Pro, ESC/G2, and KILLERFISH I highly doubt there is any throwing going on at the pro level. Only ones who would even have any motivation to do that are the main/premier NA teams, but most of the matches they play are too important to throw(many of them dictate whether or not they get out of main).

That's why i said low tier teams do it at the moment mostly when they are playing Show off games and things like that, that doesn't matter on their other tournaments so they can make money from both, and usually csgolounge does nothing to the matches unless they got a huge amount of reports about it on the website, on twitter and on steam community topics. That's the main reason why i stopped betting unless the tournament was major sponsored by ESL and VALVE (at lan ofc).