Socket 2011-3 Bent Pin

Hi guys,
I recently started to built my new computer and after I put everything together I tried to turn the computer on and it wouldn't boot.
I took it apart and tried again outside the case with the motherboard, RAM, CPU, GPU and PSU only.
Still didn't post, only the power button was illuminated and none of the others.

I then checked the socket and realized a pin was bent. I contacted MSI about an RMA and am still waiting for a response.
In the meantime I went to go try my components on my mate's X99 board.
The motherboard powered on with all lights illuminated but still no post.
I didn't bring my cooler with me but I could feel heat on top of the CPU. Do I need a heat sink for the CPU to post?

I am scared that the bent pin may have short circuited my motherboard and damaged other components. 
I tested the GPU on my old Z87 board and it works fine. *phew*
What do you reckon the chances are that my CPU and RAM got damaged?

Specs:
CPU: Intel Core i7 5820K
RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 2666Mhz
Mobo: MSI X99A SLI Plus (Mine) MSI X99A SLI Krait Edition (Mates)
GPU: Sapphire 7970 OC
PSU: Corsair TX-850M

If the RAM isn't installed it may post, can't remember if it will or not, 

Check your CPU to see if they're are any bent pins (if they still make em with pins) 

Bent pins shouldn't short circuit. Hopefully you only held your cpu for couple of second as you can kill the cpu with out it. Even a small portable heatsink is better than nothing, but if you held your finger to it your cpu should be alright. Just rma it, if it is one pin try to bend it back with magnifying glass and some tools.

EVGA SR-2 / 2x Intel Xeon X5675 4.4Ghz OC / 24GB EEC 1800Mhz OC/ AMD RX570 / Enermax Evoliution 1050W / Main RAID 0: 2x256GB 840EVO SSD / BackUp(1) Raid 5: 3x2TB WD HDD / BackUp(2) 8x2TB / Dell U2412M / Dell U2312HM

Wait so you Ran a cpu on a broken board then took the cpu and put it in someone else s motherboard without a cooler. 

you could try bend the pin up your self if your brave

or rma

My Personal PC 'Apex' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/LiamBetts123/saved/3rTNnQ

Intel Core i9 9900k, ASUS Z390-A, RTX 2080TI, Meshify C, HX 850i, 32GB Gskill Trident Z RGB @ 3200MHZ, 500GB NVME, 500GB SSD & 2 x 4TB Baracudas 

with the x99 board it may have needed a bios update because i had a friend with an x99 modo 5820k and all the lights would turn on but it wouldn't post until he updated the bios then it worked fine. so i dont think you damaged anything with the bent pin