Windows 10

Verang
Go to solution Solved by TetraSky,

You could tell Windows 10 to delete all your files and software during the upgrade process.

It's what I did on my tablet (as I barely had 6GB of free space(out of 30GB), couldn't exactly do a proper "upgrade") and it worked fine.

Used the ISO of Windows 10 for it(made a bootable USB drive using the USB/DVD tool of microsoft) and executing the upgrade process on the desktop by running the Setup.exe file that was on the USB drive, instead of during boot, there was no way I could "download" it directly on the tablet itself as well so that was the best solution.

Can you do a clean install of windows 10 using a windows 7 key? Or does it have to go through an upgrade?

The laptop I want to upgrade has a small 30gb ssd and is full, so the windows upgrade client probably wouldn't download it. I probably can't manually upgrade it since the ssd is full and the upgrade process usually saves the old os in a file.

It has to go through the upgrade process first.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

You could tell Windows 10 to delete all your files and software during the upgrade process.

It's what I did on my tablet (as I barely had 6GB of free space(out of 30GB), couldn't exactly do a proper "upgrade") and it worked fine.

Used the ISO of Windows 10 for it(made a bootable USB drive using the USB/DVD tool of microsoft) and executing the upgrade process on the desktop by running the Setup.exe file that was on the USB drive, instead of during boot, there was no way I could "download" it directly on the tablet itself as well so that was the best solution.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

EDIT: Never mind, just let us know if you have a problem. My post was kind of redundant.

But I will say that if you can obtain separate installation media, on a flash drive for example, which can easily be made on any Windows 10 PC, then you can install Windows 10 as an upgrade, or as a clean install, it's your call.

PC hardware still on a budget, 2 graduate degrees later.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600

GPU: EVGA Geforce GTX 780