Ram Underclocked

Go to solution Solved by 79 Potatoes,

What do I change the latency to? Also, CpuZ is giving an even lower reading of 933mhz.

933 MHz is base clock, effective (which is what you're asking) is 1866 MHz, you're fine

The sticks i'm using are supposed to be able to run at 1866 but are currently being run at 1333 according to task manager. I went into the bios and cranked it up but task manager is still reading 1333 even though the bios reads 1866. How do I get it to run faster?

I7 4970k, Sapphire R9 390 x2, HyperX Fury 16gb, Z97s Sli Krait, Corsair Rm 850w, Samsung 850 Evo 250gb + 1tb Caviar Blue x2, Phantom 530, Samsung 4k Freesync Monitor, Razer Blackwidow Expert, Utechsmart Venus 50;

are you 100% positive you put the correct timings?

CPU: i9 19300k////GPU: RTX 4090////RAM: 64gb DDR5 5600mhz ////MOBO: Aorus z790 Elite////MONITORS: 3 LG 38" 3840x1600 WIDESCREEN MONITORS

clear cmos and set again

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

are you 100% positive you put the correct timings?

The timing is set to auto.

I7 4970k, Sapphire R9 390 x2, HyperX Fury 16gb, Z97s Sli Krait, Corsair Rm 850w, Samsung 850 Evo 250gb + 1tb Caviar Blue x2, Phantom 530, Samsung 4k Freesync Monitor, Razer Blackwidow Expert, Utechsmart Venus 50;

The sticks i'm using are supposed to be able to run at 1866 but are currently being run at 1333 according to task manager. I went into the bios and cranked it up but task manager is still reading 1333 even though the bios reads 1866. How do I get it to run faster?

First, use CPU-z, not task manager (you can get wrong readings too).

Second, don't just change to 1866 MHz, you've to set latencies. But it's way better to load the XMP profile.

This is a signature.

First, use CPU-z, not task manager (you can get wrong readings too).

Second, don't just change to 1866 MHz, you've to set latencies. But it's way better to load the XMP profile.

What do I change the latency to? Also, CpuZ is giving an even lower reading of 933mhz.

933 MHz is base clock, effective (which is what you're asking) is 1866 MHz, you're fine

This is a signature.

DDR = Double Data Rate = 933x2 = 1866.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Oh >.< . My appologies. Thank you.

Start with the stock timings and go 1 step lower.

so 14-14-14-35  becomes 13-13-13-33

With the Cycle Time (tRAS), the 4th number, good formula is latency*2.5, round up. 

Apply more voltage if need be.