Splatoon worth buying if I don't primarily play online on the wiiu? Just for local and solo

LaboonTheWhale

Basically what the title says. Looking for something to brush off the dust on my wii u

I have played Splatoon and can tell you right now that the only reason to get the game is for the online mode. Playing local has way less features and feels more like a minigame. If you want a local game get Super Smash Bros or Mario Cart 8 because they are 'mazin.

CPU: i7 8700 GPU: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080 Mobo: Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5 Ram: 16GB EVGA SuperSC SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB PSU: TX650M Case: NZXT S340 Elite OS: Windows 10 Mouse: Logitech G403 Mouse Mat: HyperX Fury S Pro XL 
Keyboard: CM Masterkeys Pro S (reds) Headphones: Sennheiser HD598 Monitor: Asus 24' MG248QR Devices: IPhone 11 Pro Max + 13' Macbook Pro

Eh.....not really. Single player lasts for maybe 4-6 hours

Yeah, once you're done with the single player "story" then the only thing left is local 1v1 vs where one person plays on the TV with a pro controller and the other plays only on the gamepad.  If you're not gonna go online with it then don't get it.  If you do end up going online with it, it's actually one of my favorite games right now and you'll have a lot of fun.

I really hope they release Splatoon for the 3DS, it looks like a lot of fun but I don't want to buy a Wii U just for it and very few other titles. (Most of the titles I want I can get on my 3DS)

It's the best game on the Wii U and you should definitely get it. But you will be playing it online because that's the main appeal of the game. If you don't "primarily" play online games on the Wii U this game will change your mind. You should go out of your way to play this game online, especially if you own a Wii U.

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing