Laptop for studies - 1500 euro budget, Asus vs. Lenovo

Watercooler970
Go to solution Solved by Watercooler970,

At this point it seems like nobody has suggested the Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro, so I might be going with Asus.

It´s also funny that nobody has preferred any Apple laptop  ;) (for some reason)

Hello forum!

I am going to need a new laptop for studies since my school starts next week. The budget is up to 1500 euros (can go a bit over if the reason is good). The laptop should come with a good processor, SSD and low weight.

I have been looking for two options. One is the Asus Zenbook Pro (also known as the Asus UX501JW) and the other one is Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro. I know that Asus has a more powerful CPU and GPU but it is also quite a lot bigger than Lenovo. Asus also has a matte screen, but Lenovo doesn´t, tho Lenovo has a touchscreen and it can be flipped 360 degrees.

Asus and Lenovo are made for different purposes but they both would serve my needs very well.

So what do you think? Which one should I go with? Are there any other laptops that you would prefer?

And as always, thanks for your help!

May I know what are your needs?

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

Samsung Galaxy S8 | Stock

Ticwatch E (Black) | Ticwatch Brown Leather Strap

Hello forum!

I am going to need a new laptop for studies since my school starts next week. The budget is up to 1500 euros (can go a bit over if the reason is good). The laptop should come with a good processor, SSD and low weight.

I have been looking for two options. One is the Asus Zenbook Pro (also known as the Asus UX501JW) and the other one is Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro. I know that Asus has a more powerful CPU and GPU but it is also quite a lot bigger than Lenovo. Asus also has a matte screen, but Lenovo doesn´t, tho Lenovo has a touchscreen and it can be flipped 360 degrees.

Asus and Lenovo are made for different purposes but they both would serve my needs very well.

So what do you think? Which one should I go with? Are there any other laptops that you would prefer?

And as always, thanks for your help!

imo take a look at the lenovo y50, or if you need a smaller laptop than that, the lenovo y40-80

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

May I know what are your needs?

Good reliability, fast operation and technology to last at least three years.

Edit: 

Maximum screen size 15,6 inches.

If it's going to be only for school work, take a look at lenovo x250 or lenovo T series

CPU: r7 2700x;  GPU: EVGA GTX 980 ti sli; RAM: 16GB DDR4; MoBo: ASUS CH VII HERO x470; PSU: Seasonic Prime 850 Titanium; Case: Be Quiet! Dark Base 900 PRO; SSD: Kingston 120 GB; HDD: 1x 500 GB 1x 2TB 1x 3TB;

My Anime List 300+ completed

Lenovo Y50 is pretty good. Snappy !

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

Which UX501, the FHD model has a terrible TN screen otherwise yeah Asus is way better but if your considering a yoga pro then you clearly dont need the performance, the Yoga Pro is core M which basicly makes it a really expensive tablet (a flimsy one at that), if you want light maybe have a look at the Lenovo Thinkpad X1 carbon, build much better & has a proper CPU

Which UX501, the FHD model has a terrible TN screen otherwise yeah Asus is way better but if your considering a yoga pro then you clearly dont need the performance, the Yoga Pro is core M which basicly makes it a really expensive tablet (a flimsy one at that), if you want light maybe have a look at the Lenovo Thinkpad X1 carbon, build much better & has a proper CPU

The Asus model i was looking has an UHD IPS panel which people say is very nice.

At this point it seems like nobody has suggested the Lenovo Yoga 3 Pro, so I might be going with Asus.

It´s also funny that nobody has preferred any Apple laptop  ;) (for some reason)