Clean install Windows 8

So I want to do a fresh install of Windows 8 Pro 64-bit. My laptop is a HP Envy m6-1205dx and came preloaded with everything. After scouring the internet for hours, it seems this means I have an OEM product key, not a retail one. I have tried using the Windows 8 Setup from the Upgrade area that Microsoft provides on their website but it doesn't seem that anything on their website will allow me to get the ISO I need for the install because I have an OEM product key, and the generic ones have been "discontinued" (and by that I mean blocked apparently). Note, my product key is for Windows 8 Pro, not Windows 8.1, and I have tried activating Windows 8.1 Pro with my Windows 8 Pro key, no such luck.

At this point it seems I need an ISO for Windows 8 Pro and Windows 8 Pro only so I can create a bootable USB but I can't seem to find one, it's all 8.1. If any one has any other advice it would be much appreciated.

And yes, I screwed up the recovery partition on my laptop that HP had preloaded, but I didn't want any of the bloatware anyway.

Thanks guys.

windows 8 create media tool from microsoft?

Case:- 4U Rack Mount Case | Cooler:- Antec Kuhler H600 | CPU:- Intel i5 4690K @ 4.50GHz GPU:- Zotac GeForce GTX 970 4GB AMP! Omega Core Edition @ 1449MHz | Motherboard:- MSI Z97S SLI Krait | PSU:- XFX XTR 650W Gold | RAM:- HyperX DDR3 1866MHz 4GB White (x2) Black (x2) | Storage:- Kingston V300 120GB | Storage 2:- Seagate FireCuda 1TB | Build Log |

windows 8 create media tool from microsoft?

If you're referring to either of the options on this page:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/upgrade-product-key-only

They don't work because I have an OEM key and the generic keys have been blocked. If you are referring to a different product could I get a link?

EDIT: I found what seems to be the one you are talking about but it seems to only have Windows 8.1.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows-8/create-reset-refresh-media ah ye its just 8.1 but wasn't 8.1 free upgrade to people with 8?

Case:- 4U Rack Mount Case | Cooler:- Antec Kuhler H600 | CPU:- Intel i5 4690K @ 4.50GHz GPU:- Zotac GeForce GTX 970 4GB AMP! Omega Core Edition @ 1449MHz | Motherboard:- MSI Z97S SLI Krait | PSU:- XFX XTR 650W Gold | RAM:- HyperX DDR3 1866MHz 4GB White (x2) Black (x2) | Storage:- Kingston V300 120GB | Storage 2:- Seagate FireCuda 1TB | Build Log |

So I want to do a fresh install of Windows 8 Pro 64-bit. My laptop is a HP Envy m6-1205dx and came preloaded with everything. After scouring the internet for hours, it seems this means I have an OEM product key, not a retail one. I have tried using the Windows 8 Setup from the Upgrade area that Microsoft provides on their website but it doesn't seem that anything on their website will allow me to get the ISO I need for the install because I have an OEM product key, and the generic ones have been "discontinued" (and by that I mean blocked apparently). Note, my product key is for Windows 8 Pro, not Windows 8.1, and I have tried activating Windows 8.1 Pro with my Windows 8 Pro key, no such luck.

At this point it seems I need an ISO for Windows 8 Pro and Windows 8 Pro only so I can create a bootable USB but I can't seem to find one, it's all 8.1. If any one has any other advice it would be much appreciated.

And yes, I screwed up the recovery partition on my laptop that HP had preloaded, but I didn't want any of the bloatware anyway.

Thanks guys.

all you need to do is download the 8.1 iso

use the install key

then once you are in windows change to your key

works perfect that way

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

Release Date: 12/15/2014

File Name: en_windows_8.1_with_update_x64_dvd_6051480.iso

Languages: English

SIZE: 4.320.526.336 byte

CRC-32: cd5bc9f1  

SHA1: a8b5df0b0816280ae18017bc4b119c77b6c6eb79

MD5: e0d4594e56c0545d379340e0db9519a5

this is most likely the file you want

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows-8/create-reset-refresh-media ah ye its just 8.1 but wasn't 8.1 free upgrade to people with 8?

Yeah the upgrade was free as is the one for Windows 10, but for some reason after I installed 8.1 it tells me "This product key is not valid for this edition of Windows"

all you need to do is download the 8.1 iso

use the install key

then once you are in windows change to your key

works perfect that way

I assume you're talking about slui /upk and slui 3 commands or whatever to strip the product key and then input another? Yeah I tried that and I get what I said above ^. Think I've found a simple Windows 8 ISO though we shall see.

EDIT: ISO I found is for Enterprise Evaluation, it is Windows 8 but I can't activate it lol. 

Yeah the upgrade was free as is the one for Windows 10, but for some reason after I installed 8.1 it tells me "This product key is not valid for this edition of Windows"

I assume you're talking about slui /upk and slui 3 commands or whatever to strip the product key and then input another? Yeah I tried that and I get what I said above ^. Think I've found a simple Windows 8 ISO though we shall see.

EDIT: ISO I found is for Enterprise Evaluation, it is Windows 8 but I can't activate it lol. 

I think you must be doing something wrong then

cause you can use your 8 key to activate 8.1

you just use the 8.1 install key first

you just need to find out what version exactly you had of 8..then we can know what you need