Help Finishing the Build

~roma

Hello I am currently working on a new build but I need some help to figure out how to finish it.

I'll be using this pc mostly for gaming.

CPU: Intel i7-4790K

RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB

GPU: Nvidia GTX 980 Ti

SSD: Intel 730 Series 240GB

HDD: WD 1TB Black Edition

Still need:

- Case (I'd like something similar to the Digital Storm Bolt 3)

- Motherboard (Needs to support 7.1 channel audio)

- Power Supply

- CPU Cooler

- Vents

- Monitor

I'm from Italy and I don't really have a maximum budget, anything in line with the build is fine

Thanks everyone for your help :D

Intel i7-6700K | ASUS Maximus VIII Hero | ASUS Strix 980Ti | Kingston HyperX Predator (4x4GB) | NZXT Noctis 450

Kingston Hyper X Predator M.2 SSD (240GB) | Kingston HyperX Savage (480GB | Samsung 850 Pro (1TB) | NZXT Kraken X61

EVGA SuperNOVA G2 (850W) | Windows 10 | Acer Predator X34

Tell us your budget, location  and currency so we can be more helpful.

The site has changed....

maybe the lian li pc-07s/6 for the case

Wow that thing is stunning, thank you for the advice! I have to find a way to buy it in Italy or have it shipped here somehow :(

Intel i7-6700K | ASUS Maximus VIII Hero | ASUS Strix 980Ti | Kingston HyperX Predator (4x4GB) | NZXT Noctis 450

Kingston Hyper X Predator M.2 SSD (240GB) | Kingston HyperX Savage (480GB | Samsung 850 Pro (1TB) | NZXT Kraken X61

snip

Are you only gaming?

Judging from the build, it looks like it was made for rendering or video editing

Tell us your budget, location  and currency so we can be more helpful.

Thank you for telling me, I edited the post :D

Are you only gaming?

Judging from the build, it looks like it was made for rendering or video editing

Yes only gaming, I know it's a little overkill but I don't change my PC very often so I wanted something to keep for a long time

Yes only gaming, I know it's a little overkill but I don't change my PC very often so I wanted something to keep for a long time

Go for the Z97 platform, as the X99 isn't really needed for gaming even after a while

You won't need a TitanX, a 980ti performs the same or even better when overclocked

Overkill is not always the best option unless you really won't have enough money in the future

Remember that even a $5000 won't last you 4-5 years because by that time higher resolutions will come and upgrading will be necessary

Newer software will need newer hardware to work with it because of the standards in the future

So if you really have the money then I won't judge, but if you think you're willing to upgrade then save for future plans

that´s a huge mistake. it´s much better upgrade your pc more often than to blow all your money more and expect it to last more, specially because there is no such thing as future proof in this industry. 

for gaming you dont need the lga 20122 socket. Those processors are for high renedering and video editing. An i7 4790k is perfect for gaming.

Also 1500 w power supply is overkill that´s for quad or triple sli/crossfire.

Just because you have the money doesnt meen you have to spend it all

Go for the Z97 platform, as the X99 isn't really needed for gaming even after a while

You won't need a TitanX, a 980ti performs the same or even better when overclocked

Overkill is not always the best option unless you really won't have enough money in the future

Remember that even a $5000 won't last you 4-5 years because by that time higher resolutions will come and upgrading will be necessary

Newer software will need newer hardware to work with it because of the standards in the future

So if you really have the money then I won't judge, but if you think you're willing to upgrade then save for future plans

that´s a huge mistake. it´s much better upgrade your pc more often than to blow all your money more and expect it to last more, specially because there is no such thing as future proof in this industry. 

for gaming you dont need the lga 20122 socket. Those processors are for high renedering and video editing. An i7 4790k is perfect for gaming.

Also 1500 w power supply is overkill that´s for quad or triple sli/crossfire.

Just because you have the money doesnt meen you have to spend it all

I didn't really know, that's why I asked here... I only made some decisions based on what I saw or what was told me

I don't mean to throw money away but upgrading my current system is not an option at the moment

Wow that thing is stunning, thank you for the advice! I have to find a way to buy it in Italy or have it shipped here somehow :(

it is almost exactly the same as the case from digital storm if you look closly

I didn't really know, that's why I asked here... I only made some decisions based on what I saw or what was told me

I don't mean to throw money away but upgrading my current system is not an option at the moment

That's the point, upgrading would be a cycle of about 1-2 years depending on how much games will demand from your system

so you already have the parts?

That's the point, upgrading would be a cycle of about 1-2 years depending on how much games will demand from your system

I cannot upgrade my current system, I only wanted to make a new one that could last for some time

so you already have the parts?

I don't have anything yet

I got you an overkill over here.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-5930K 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor  (€652.98 @ Amazon Italia)
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  (€139.30 @ Amazon Italia)
Motherboard: Asus X99-PRO ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard  (€317.80 @ Amazon Italia)
Memory: Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR4-2666 Memory  (€245.20 @ Amazon Italia)
Storage: Intel 730 Series 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (€191.57 @ Amazon Italia)
Storage: Western Digital BLACK SERIES 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (€77.50 @ Amazon Italia)
Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB AMP! Omega Edition Video Card  (€908.40 @ Amazon Italia)
Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (White) ATX Mid Tower Case  (€138.35 @ Amazon Italia)
Power Supply: Super Flower Leadex Platinum 1000W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (€247.72 @ Amazon Italia)
Case Fan: Noctua NF-A14 PWM 82.5 CFM 140mm  Fan  (€31.04 @ Amazon Italia)
Monitor: Asus PB278Q 60Hz 27.0" Monitor  (€491.10 @ Amazon Italia)
Total: €3472.00
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-08-04 14:44 CEST+0200

The site has changed....

I cannot upgrade my current system, I only wanted to make a new one that could last for some time

CPU: Intel i7 4790k

Cooler: corsair h100i

Case: nzxt h440 or corsair graphite 760t

Power supply: 1 GPU - 550 gold 2-gpu´s 750 gold

GPU: msi/g1 gaming/ zotac 980ti

2x4gb of ram from kingston or gskill

motherboard: asus maximium vII ranger

what do you plan on doing with the pc? What is your monitor? Do you wanna play 1080p, 1440p, 4k?

I got you an overkill over here.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-5930K 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor  (€652.98 @ Amazon Italia)

CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  (€139.30 @ Amazon Italia)

Motherboard: Asus X99-PRO ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard  (€317.80 @ Amazon Italia)

Memory: Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR4-2666 Memory  (€245.20 @ Amazon Italia)

Storage: Intel 730 Series 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (€191.57 @ Amazon Italia)

Storage: Western Digital BLACK SERIES 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (€77.50 @ Amazon Italia)

Video Card: Zotac GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB AMP! Omega Edition Video Card  (€908.40 @ Amazon Italia)

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (White) ATX Mid Tower Case  (€138.35 @ Amazon Italia)

Power Supply: Super Flower Leadex Platinum 1000W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  (€247.72 @ Amazon Italia)

Monitor: Asus PB278Q 60Hz 27.0" Monitor  (€491.10 @ Amazon Italia)

Total: €3472.00

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-08-04 14:44 CEST+0200

Wow thank you a lot! I don't really like the case D: but the other parts look great, I'll listen to some more suggestions so I can make up my mind.

Can I ask you what's the difference in a ZOTAC 980 Ti?

Wow thank you a lot! I don't really like the case D: but the other parts look great, I'll listen to some more suggestions so I can make up my mind.

the zotac has a better cooler than the reference model alowing you to get better temperatures and overclock better. 

what do you plan on doing with the pc? What is your monitor? Do you wanna play 1080p, 1440p, 4k?

I'll be using it for gaming mostly, my current monitor is crap and one reason I wanted to build this new pc was to try some higher definition

what is your current monitor and what resolution do you wanna play games?

I'll be using it for gaming mostly, my current monitor is crap and one reason I wanted to build this new pc was to try some higher definition

1440p or 4k? Because the difference in monitor size/price and gpu horsepower is very significant?

1440p or 4k? Because the difference in monitor size/price and gpu horsepower is very significant?

I just don't want to get over 4000€ (monitor excluded), if 4k is in that price tag then great!

@jimakos234

You suggest going for the i7 5930K instead of the 4790K and the X99 platform instead of the Z97?

Are there big differences?