Best software for sharing peripherals?

L.E.D

As the title suggests I am looking for the best free or paid software that will let me share my mouse and keyboard between 2 computers, If you have a suggestion can you please find a guide with it? 

Many thanks

Nathan (L.E.D)

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

I don't understand. How would you connect your mouse and keyboard between 2 computers?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I don't understand. How would you connect your mouse and keyboard between 2 computers?

.... Umm.... KVM.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KVM_switchKeyboard 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I know you can but I don't know how to explain it entirely... 

I don't want to use a KVM, too many wires, this is already a mess of wires... 

I wanted software that I could use my mouse on my desktop then say go to the right as if it was a second display but now I am controlling my laptop.

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

I know you can but I don't know how to explain it entirely... 

I don't want to use a KVM, too many wires, this is already a mess of wires... 

I wanted software that I could use my mouse on my desktop then say go to the right as if it was a second display but now I am controlling my laptop.

I know of Remote Desktop. You could use that?

Set up the laptop to work with it, and just have the remote desktop window on your right monitor. Then any time your mouse goes to it, it will be on that computer. Then just minimize the remote desktop and go back to your desktop.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

I know of Remote Desktop. You could use that?

Set up the laptop to work with it, and just have the remote desktop window on your right monitor. Then any time your mouse goes to it, it will be on that computer. Then just minimize the remote desktop and go back to your desktop.

I don't want to do that, I was thinking about, I found a program called synergy it will do this but I can't seem to get it setup...

Stardock multiplicity is what you are looking for ;P I'm a big fan of their apps.
Multiplicity has a free version(last time I checked) that limits you to 2 computers. The paid version has 8+ pcs AND over the network sound sharing (which is very reliable even on wireless)

Stardock multiplicity is what you are looking for ;P I'm a big fan of their apps.

Multiplicity has a free version(last time I checked) that limits you to 2 computers. The paid version has 8+ pcs AND over the network sound sharing (which is very reliable even on wireless)

Thanks for the find, it is a nice program but I can only use it for 30 days ..... I couldn't find a free version... Can you ?

Thanks for the find, it is a nice program but I can only use it for 30 days ..... I couldn't find a free version... Can you ?

unless your a fan of tpb nope

unless your a fan of tpb nope

Can I say I am on here and not have this thread locked lol

Check out InputDirector or Synergy, they might be just what you're looking for!

Check out InputDirector or Synergy, they might be just what you're looking for!

Thanks I will take a look I already looked at synergy but couldn't get it to work ...