Need urgent help with windows installation

Wakestock

Hi I recently contracted a nasty virus and couldn't get rid of it so I decided to reinstall windows. Everything was fine until 15% way through the installation. The installation slowed and has been stuck at 16.3% for more than 10 minutes. Please help.

6600k @ 4.5 GHz | SLI reference 980Ti's | 8GB Kingston DDR4 @ 2666MHz | Asus Z170-A mobo | PG279Q Monitor

which os?

windows 7

6600k @ 4.5 GHz | SLI reference 980Ti's | 8GB Kingston DDR4 @ 2666MHz | Asus Z170-A mobo | PG279Q Monitor

windows 7

Are you installing from a disc or a USB drive?

"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party."

-Ron White

Are you installing from a disc or a USB drive?

Disc.

Disc.

Which stage of installation are you on, have all of the files been copied to your computer or is it still on that stage?

"I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade... And try to find somebody whose life has given them vodka, and have a party."

-Ron White

wait

i remember that windows installation uses round numbers for the percentages (the fact that you have 16.3% doesnt seem right)

is your copy of windows legit

Which stage of installation are you on, have all of the files been copied to your computer or is it still on that stage?

It's installing the files I think. It says new file f:\install\images\ 16.3%. It gets to 15.5-15.7% and the disc slows down. It gets to 16.3% and gets stuck.

wait

i remember that windows installation uses round numbers for the percentages (the fact that you have 16.3% doesnt seem right)

is your copy of windows legit

Yes it is. Its the OEM copy that came with my PC.

Yes it is. Its the OEM copy that came with my PC.

does your screen look like this (but maybe stuck in expanding files)?

post-245931-0-53645200-1438649720.jpg

does your screen look like this (but maybe stuck in expanding files)?

No nothing like that but I have attached an image.

post-229630-0-34764800-1438650085_thumb.

No nothing like that but I have attached an image.

so thats a third party windows install

try using the original one (boot up from the disc and install)

so thats a third party windows install

try using the original one (boot up from the disc and install)

There is no original. This is a legitimate OEM copy that came with my PC.

There is no original. This is a legitimate OEM copy that came with my PC.

is that a physical disk or an iso image

is that a physical disk or an iso image

It's a physical disc.

It's a physical disc.

i mean if the disk is made by microsoft then it should show the screen i showed you earlier

is there any chance you can go back to where you bought the computer and have them replace it with one that is made by microsoft

if not dont worry, you can download a new iso with your license key, put it on a flash drive and use that to install

i mean if the disk is made by microsoft then it should show the screen i showed you earlier

is there any chance you can go back to where you bought the computer and have them replace it with one that is made by microsoft

if not dont worry, you can download a new iso with your license key, put it on a flash drive and use that to install

No the PC is 3 years old and how do I go about that when my PC is not functional?

No the PC is 3 years old and how do I go about that when my PC is not functional?

i meant the installation disc not the pc

i meant the installation disc not the pc

I know but they won't as I bought it 3 years ago. How do I get the iso with a non functioning PC? Also why do you think I'm unable to complete this installation. I've done it 3 times before.

I know but they won't as I bought it 3 years ago. How do I get the iso with a non functioning PC? Also why do you think I'm unable to complete this installation. I've done it 3 times before.

do you have another computer you can use? or any friends computer you can borrow for an hour?

didnt you say the installation is stuck?

do you have another computer you can use? or any friends computer you can borrow for an hour?

didnt you say the installation is stuck?

I have a media PC with Linux on. I think that works and I was wondering what the cause was or could be.

is it still stuck right now?

because ive installed windows many times, any i've always used the official installer

so i was afraid that you got a pirated version or something

is it still stuck right now?

because ive installed windows many times, any i've always used the official installer

so i was afraid that you got a pirated version or something

It was until I shut it down. Its definitely legitimate as I've downloaded updates for 3 years with no issues and its activated. My Linux based PC appears to be dead. FML.