I'm a gamer who has no idea about computers and need help!

So will HDDs. SSDs are not un-reliable today, that might have been a problem in 2009

but HDD's don't have a estimated read/write duration on it

Would the Fractal Designs R5 be a better case?

And does this mean you recommend the i7 4790K over the i7 5820K?

Yes and no. For you, a 4790k will be sufficient, switching to X99 is pointless

Yeah literally after PETABYTES of data WRITTEN, not read :P

Okay, you have a point BUT when you run out of space what will you do, buy another 1TB SSD for 300+ USD?  

I've had three different liquid cooling units, all of which have been reliable. Just buy a good unit from a good brand and don't puncture or bend it.

And HDDs won't? Written data is a bigger killer, and OP probably won't write enough data to it in 10 years to kill it.

again, streaming. If he chooses to save the files, upload them to youtube, he'll burn through that fast. I don't care who you are, you should always have a secondary drive on a custom build, and its from SanDisk, who isn't as reputable as manufactures like Samsung, Its not even Crucial's, looking at benchmarks from Userbenchmark the SanDisk extreme is below average compared to normal 

K thank you. And as for OC'ing, would it be worth it to buy an AIO and oc the CPU?? Also is that safe? I have never oc'd and dont know if i trust myself to do it properly

The 5820K would have to have a AIO because of the heat output. Also, you will want a 750W CPU as the 5820K uses more power. Overclock is not needed

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

Okay, you have a point BUT when you run out of space what will you do, buy another 1TB SSD for 300+ USD?  

again, streaming. If he chooses to save the files, upload them to youtube, he'll burn through that fast. I don't care who you are, you should always have a secondary drive on a custom build, and its from SanDisk, who isn't as reputable as manufactures like Samsung, Its not even Crucial's, looking at benchmarks from Userbenchmark the SanDisk extreme is below average compared to normal 

Just add more HDDs for the files. This is not difficult. 

you'll kill that thing

you should NEVER put EVERYTHING on an SSD, even if you want to you should ALWAYS have a backup drive.

SSD's can and will fail eventually. 

Also i have a 10-year warranty on the SSD. That is IF something happens.

Just add more HDDs for the files. This is not difficult. 

While you have spare money are you not just going to buy it now, while its convenient? or are you going to wait until you've run out of space.

I have another 1.2TB HDD on my current comp that i could transfer over if i had too

Also i have a 10-year warranty on the SSD. That is IF something happens.

That likely doesn't cover data loss.

If he chooses to save the files, upload them to youtube, he'll burn through that fast. I don't care who you are, you should always have a secondary drive on a custom build, and its from SanDisk, who isn't as reputable as manufactures like Samsung, Its not even Crucial's, looking at benchmarks from Userbenchmark the SanDisk extreme is below average compared to normal 

SanDisk make fine quality drives. It's not like it's going to blow up or die in a year, they're a reputable company with good products. I had a few of them myself, all three of which died as a result of my own stupidity. They all operated perfectly fine when I had them.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

While you have spare money are you not just going to buy it now, while its convenient? or are you going to wait until you've run out of space.

Sure, shipping is like 1-4 days most of the time. 

Fine I give up you people win have it your way SSD only.

Fine I give up you people win have it your way SSD only.

No i appreciate that idea and i am now seriously considering buying a HDD. Trust me you're not the first person that has recommended that. I need as much input as i can get. I'm an idiot when it comes to computers.

So should I consider OC'ing if I purchase the AIO? what benefits do i get from it? is it safe enough for a beginner like me to do it?

So should I consider OC'ing if I purchase the AIO? what benefits do i get from it? is it safe enough for a beginner like me to do it?

Later, I think you should OC, but the 5820K is really powerful.

Later, I think you should OC, but the 5820K is really powerful.

So are you saying i dont need to OC yet, but i should consider it in the future?

So are you saying i dont need to OC yet, but i should consider it in the future?

Yes.

Yes.

Does that mean i should buy the AIO now? I'm just not sure if i trust Liquid near my computer. Just nervous it could leak, components break, and money gets thrown down the drain with the water.

Does that mean i should buy the AIO now? I'm just not sure if i trust Liquid near my computer. Just nervous it could leak, components break, and money gets thrown down the drain with the water.

Yea, it will keep it quiet. Most AIOs have non-conductive liquid.