I need help with my 4670k overclock.

I just finished my first build 3 weeks ago. I have a i5-4670K, H100i, and an Asus Z87-Plus MoBo. I am quite new to overclocking so I decided to use Asus' 4-Way Optimization as a safe way of doing it. It was able to OC all the way to 4.7 Ghz. I then launched the Aida 64 stress test just to see if it's stable. The first few seconds went by and the voltage on my CPU went all the way up to 1.407 Volts! The way they described it in the YouTube video tutorial of the 4-Way Optimization, the core voltage should not go up more than 1.275 V. As you can from the image below, Aida 64 is telling that there's CPU Overheating due to the increase of voltage (1.407 volts!)

I am quite lost guys. I really need help with this.

post-32485-0-96696300-1375416473_thumb.p

What's your loadline calibration setting?

I'd recommend doing the OC yourself, it's not that hard.

CPU Load Line Calibration at Level 8.

CPU Core Voltage set to ADAPTIVE

Reset to stock settings.

Set bclk to 125mhz

Set CPU multiplier to x36 (this should give you 4.5ghz)

Set vcore to 1.24v

See what this does.

I just finished my first build 3 weeks ago. I have a i5-4670K, H100i, and an Asus Z87-Plus MoBo. I am quite new to overclocking so I decided to use Asus' 4-Way Optimization as a safe way of doing it. It was able to OC all the way to 4.7 Ghz. I then launched the Aida 64 stress test just to see if it's stable. The first few seconds went by and the voltage on my CPU went all the way up to 1.407 Volts! The way they described it in the YouTube video tutorial of the 4-Way Optimization, the core voltage should not go up more than 1.275 V. As you can from the image below, Aida 64 is telling that there's CPU Overheating due to the increase of voltage (1.407 volts!)

I am quite lost guys. I really need help with this.

give this a shot

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

Mainboard Asrock Z170 OCF CPU 6700k RAM Tridentz 3600 HDD Intel 730 240gb GPU GTX 780ti sc acx PSU Silverstone Strider 1200W  Case Antec 900 Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad T520 build log-   http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/35809-antec-900-the-re-birth-of-a-legend/ Check out the Tech Center https://www.youtube.com/user/prokon24/videos LTT's Unicore King

I'd say its cuz you have voltage set on adaptive. I know I heard it mentioned that some stress programs will actually go over what the adaptive limit is.

i'm pickin up most of my new rig minus a videocard tomorrow morn.  4770k, z87 deluxe, FD r4, HX850, 16gb hyper x beast 2400mhz

Cant wait....

My current rig .. q6600 @ 3.5, 8gb ddr3, Rampage Extreme, 2 Asus DK 4870 (Crossfire)....is still a beast. Will be a great HTPC or secondary.

Old Rig | Cpu - Intel Q6600 @ 3.5Ghz | Cooler - Cooler Master Hyper 212+ | Mobo - Asus Rampage Extreme | Ram - 8GB OCZ Gold 1600mhz | Gpu - 2x Asus DK Radeon HD 4870 1GB (Crossfire) | Psu - Corsair TX750W | Case - Thermaltake Element G

New Rig | Cpu - Intel 4770K @ 4.5Ghz | Cooler - Swiftech H220 | Mobo - Asus Z87 Deluxe | Ram - 16GB Kinston Hyper X Beast @ 2400Mhz | Gpu - Sapphire R9 290X | Ssd - Kingston Hyper X Beast 3K 240GB | Psu - Corsair HX850W | Case - Fractal Design Define R4

I will give this a try. Do I need to clear the CMOS to undo the automatic OC of my CPU (4-Way Optimization)?

I would recommend a CMOS reset to clear all the settings and uninstall AI Suite 3 to reset the settings: http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?id=20130701184711527&board_id=1&model=Z87-PLUS&page=1&SLanguage=en-us

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer