Windows 10 can't find Cisco ae2500

Go to solution Solved by Jlryan,

Try the Windows 7 driver for it and set it into compatibility mode for Windows 7.

Once you've downloaded the driver from the website: http://downloads.linksys.com/downloads/driver/AE2500Win7_WHQL.zip

Right click the installer > Properties > Compatibility > Check the box and select Windows 7. Also check the "Run this program as an Administrator". Click Apply then Ok, and try and run the installer.

Oops there's no installer... Okay, go to Device Manager, find the wireless adapter and double click it, search for your own drivers and point the location to the extracted RAR file where the files are from that download. If that doesn't work then you'll have to find a driver for the chipset that's on the wireless card that's known to work with Windows 8 at least.

I installed windows 10 on my older brothers computer and windows 10 can't find the wireless adapter. Although there are no drivers for it yet, I did find a way to make my netgear a6100 to work. Please help

Try the Windows 7 driver for it and set it into compatibility mode for Windows 7.

Once you've downloaded the driver from the website: http://downloads.linksys.com/downloads/driver/AE2500Win7_WHQL.zip

Right click the installer > Properties > Compatibility > Check the box and select Windows 7. Also check the "Run this program as an Administrator". Click Apply then Ok, and try and run the installer.

Oops there's no installer... Okay, go to Device Manager, find the wireless adapter and double click it, search for your own drivers and point the location to the extracted RAR file where the files are from that download. If that doesn't work then you'll have to find a driver for the chipset that's on the wireless card that's known to work with Windows 8 at least.

Gaming/Folding rig: Coolermaster CM 690 II Advanced White | MSI Z77A-G43 | Intel Core i7 3770k @ 4.4GHz | 10GB G.Skill RAM | Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | Seagate 2TB | Seagate 2TB | WD Blue 640GB | Cogage Arrow (Passive) | Thermaltake Toughpower XT 675w | Windows 10 Pro

Photography

Thanks for the help, the computer listed the wifi adapter as under a different name.