Gaming on Windows 10

captainespinoza

First off, gaming performance. Has anyone noticed an increase? Sound off on any other experiences or opinions. Finally, what do you think the platform's future in general look like? It is a bit of a troubling thing that Microsoft has integrated Xbox steaming, making it feel that they are literally obliterating the notion of PC gaming and how they will handle it. Just a thought, could be a nice video idea. The Verge did a nice bit on this exact topic, but haven't seen much that includes a discussion of Directx 12. 

First off, gaming performance. Has anyone noticed an increase? Sound off on any other experiences or opinions. Finally, what do you think the platform's future in general look like? It is a bit of a troubling thing that Microsoft has integrated Xbox steaming, making it feel that they are literally obliterating the notion of PC gaming and how they will handle it. Just a thought, could be a nice video idea. The Verge did a nice bit on this exact topic, but haven't seen much that includes a discussion of Directx 12. 

Some games i've noticed a slight performance increase, others its exactly the same.

Gaming performance, barely anything for me, maybe like 2% as W10 seems to be a bit lighter on the system.

Mobo MSI X370 Carbon CPU Ryzen 7 1700 3.8GHz RAM Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x8GB 3000MHz GPU ASUS GTX 1070 Strix Case NZXT S340 Storage Samsung 960 EVO 250GB M.2 - Seagate 1TB  PSU EVGA 750W Cooling NZXT Kraken X52 OS WIndows 10 Pro

Keyboard Arachnid Recore - Cherry MX Red Mouse Corsair M45  !!--GTA V--!!  

games have to support DX12 before we see any improvements. that means no old games will see any difference.

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

There would be a really small increase until games start being rolled out with DirectX 12, then you'll see the big improvement :) 

Early 2020 Build : Intel i7 8700k // MSI Krait Z370 // Corsair LPX 8x2 16GB // Aorus 5700 XT // NZXT H500 

Early 2019 Build : Ryzen 2600X // Asus Tuff X470 // G.Skill Trident Z RGB 8x2 16GB // MSI RTX 2070 // NZXT H500 

Late 2017 Build : Intel i7 8700k // Asus Prime Z370-A // G.Skill Trident Z 8x2 16GB // EVGA GTX 1080 Ti  // NZXT S320 Elite 

Late 2015 Build : Intel i7 6700k // Asus Maximus VI Gene Z170 //  Corsair LPX 8x2 16GB // Gigabyte GTX 970 // Corsair Air 240