Windows 10 taskbar breaks

The Dragon

This is the second time it has happened so its not like a fluke. I don't know what causes it but the taskbar will stop working, I can hover over things but when I click on them nothing happens. Cortana doesnt respond and I cant type things into her. I can switch through programs but everything else just doesn't work. Any help? Thanks

CPU: some amd thing Motherboard: its black RAM: its memory thats for sure GPU: r7 260x Case: corsair spec 01 Storage: 1tb of it PSU: 430w, so many watts

Display: its asus Cooling: fans Keyboard: logitech g710+ #browns4lyfe Mouse: its a logitech Sound: its what you hear Operating System: winders  

That just happened to me. I don't remember what I was doing... right clicking worked but left clicking did nothing. I had to reboot to fix it.

You can open taskmanager and end SearchUI.exe and that should restart the task bar.

You can open taskmanager and end SearchUI.exe and that should restart the task bar.

It ended but did not restart

CPU: some amd thing Motherboard: its black RAM: its memory thats for sure GPU: r7 260x Case: corsair spec 01 Storage: 1tb of it PSU: 430w, so many watts

Display: its asus Cooling: fans Keyboard: logitech g710+ #browns4lyfe Mouse: its a logitech Sound: its what you hear Operating System: winders  

That just happened to me. I don't remember what I was doing... right clicking worked but left clicking did nothing. I had to reboot to fix it.

Yeah, I did the exact thing last time but this time I would prefer not to have to stop editing so lol

It ended but did not restart

Hmm, I guess you can try restarting explorer.exe then