Computer BSOD then cannot read OS while gaming and if running SLI

Rytha

Hello LTT comm,

I am new here and not sure how things work around here. Anyways recently I have build my PC (Win for me). Everything is set up but when I game, the game would run for a good while and then the PC would BSOD and then when restarted, OS will become undetectable. This has happened for a while. The only way I found to fix this is to just remove my second graphics card. My PC specs is...

i5-4690k with stock cooler (intending to replace with a good air cooler)

ROG Maximus 6

16GB corsair RAM

120GB corsair SSD boot drive

2 TB WD Green

2 EVGA GTX980 running SLI

Corsair CX750 PSU

Corsair 600t case

Thank you

~snip~

Hey there Rytha and welcome to the community :) 

Can you post a screenshot of the BSOD or at least write the error code that it gives you? Are there any beeping sounds coming from the motherboard during the crash or when it doesn't detect the OS?
I would make sure all the latest OS and driver updates are installed, all the cables are plugged in properly and that everything is well in place. 
I'd also check the storage drives if they are working properly. I would recommend using the manufacturer provided diagnostic tools. For the WD Green drive that would be WD Data Lifeguard Diagnostic: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=rFdWrb
Also check the load and the temps of your parts during gaming and if this is causing the crashes. 
A goo thing to do is also checking your PSU if it's working properly with a multimeter. :)

Captain_WD.

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/