Windows 10 wont install

matto97

I have been trying for like 16 hours now and it just wont work for me.
I have tried what the hole tech internet has been doing by forcing it and it just errors on installation every time for me and the windows 10 installer off the site just says "Something went wrong"

Can some one tell me what im doing wrong here and how i get windows 10 :(

Desktop: CPU: I7-5820K GPU: 980Ti, 750Ti PhysX Mobo: MSI X99A SLI PLUS RAM: 4x4 Kingston DDR4 2400MHz OS: Win10
Storage: 250GB Samsung Evo, 3TB WD Black and Green FIRESTRIKE, Reason for dedicated PhysX Card.

Peripherals: Screen: 3x BenQ VZ2350 Mouse: Razer Naga Keyboard: Some Dell Thing Sound: Razer Tiamat, 5.1 Logitech Surround Speakers

i cant even get windows 10 get install soo it isnt just you and the Something went wrong is me too

Have you tried using the media creation tool? If not get it HERE and install Windows 10 that way. Make sure you have "Upgrade this PC now" selected when you launch it and then it will download Windows 10 and go through the upgrade process. In my case I didn't need to use the product key and Windows 10 was activated after install. Just select to keep all of your files and settings so that all of it moves over as well.

This is exactly why im waiting to install it till this winter.

My AMD Build:

Spoiler

FX 6300 @ 4.8GHz, Zalman CNPS14X, MSI 970 Gaming, 16gb 1866MHz AData Ram, 3D Club R9 280X, Corsair 600M Psu, Thermaltake V3 AMD Edition Case, D-link 1200AC WiFi, 240gb Mushkin SSD, 2tb WD HDD, 140gb WD HDD (recording gameplay), 5x CoolerMaster SickleFlow 120mm fans, Windows 10 64Bit

Sisters Intel Build:

Spoiler

I7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, CoolerMaster 212 Evo, Gigabyte Gaming 5, 16gb 1866MHz Corsair Ram, 3D Club R9 390, EVGA 650GS Psu, NZXT S340 Case, D-Link 1200AC WiFi Card, HyperX 240gb SSD, 2tb WD HDD, Windows 10 64 Bit

Idk ive had issues with the whole media creation tool

Consume The Darkness

Have you tried using the media creation tool? If not get it HERE and install Windows 10 that way. Make sure you have "Upgrade this PC now" selected when you launch it and then it will download Windows 10 and go through the upgrade process. In my case I didn't need to use the product key and Windows 10 was activated after install. Just select to keep all of your files and settings so that all of it moves over as well.

Tried that and it just says Something went wrong and closes :/

Its just annoying me that i and many other people have waited so long and then windows 10 comes out and the internet finds a way to force it but no matter what it just doesnt work for me and other people :/

Desktop: CPU: I7-5820K GPU: 980Ti, 750Ti PhysX Mobo: MSI X99A SLI PLUS RAM: 4x4 Kingston DDR4 2400MHz OS: Win10
Storage: 250GB Samsung Evo, 3TB WD Black and Green FIRESTRIKE, Reason for dedicated PhysX Card.

Peripherals: Screen: 3x BenQ VZ2350 Mouse: Razer Naga Keyboard: Some Dell Thing Sound: Razer Tiamat, 5.1 Logitech Surround Speakers

Tried that and it just says Something went wrong and closes :/

Its just annoying me that i and many other people have waited so long and then windows 10 comes out and the internet finds a way to force it but no matter what it just doesnt work for me and other people :/

Have you tried running it as admin? I had a few issues with getting upgraded to Windows 10 and this was the only way that worked for me :/

Have you tried running it as admin? I had a few issues with getting upgraded to Windows 10 and this was the only way that worked for me :/

Yeah :/

I just get this problem each time http://puu.sh/ji0sv/63a3a2a2d8.png

Make sure that the C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Windows 10 (or something very similar to this) has been cleared of all files. Run the 'media creation tool' as administrator. This has helped a number of folks resolve the "Something Went Wrong" issue.

Make sure that the C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Windows 10 (or something very similar to this) has been cleared of all files. Run the 'media creation tool' as administrator. This has helped a number of folks resolve the "Something Went Wrong" issue.

Oh ok didnt know you had to clear that folder aswell for that ok will try that very soon

Nope still happens

just wait, whether its a day or a month.

CPU: I7 8086K                              MOBO: Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 5   RAM: 16Gb G-Skill 3200mHz

GPU: GTX 1070 FE 8GB            CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX           OS: Windows 10

PSU: EVGA 650G                      SSD: 250GB Samsung Evo                       HDD: 1000GB WD BLUE

just wait, whether its a day or a month.

Why do i have to wait though nearly every one has it now except for a bunch of people its not working for.

Why do i have to wait though nearly every one has it now except for a bunch of people its not working for.

Are you trying to upgrade from Windows 7/8.1? If you are you need to wait. You will get a message when your computer is done downloading the update in the background. 

If you are upgrading from a different OS try the ISO approach. I have never had much luck with the auto upgrade tools from Microsoft (like for Office 365). Doing a fresh install from ISO is a sure fire way to have Windows 10 up and running at maximum efficiency.

Are you trying to upgrade from Windows 7/8.1? If you are you need to wait. You will get a message when your computer is done downloading the update in the background. 

If you are upgrading from a different OS try the ISO approach. I have never had much luck with the auto upgrade tools from Microsoft (like for Office 365). Doing a fresh install from ISO is a sure fire way to have Windows 10 up and running at maximum efficiency.

From 8.1 but i need to have the update option cause i currently dont have anything to back up on :D

From 8.1 but i need to have the update option cause i currently dont have anything to back up on :D

Oh okay, only idea I have is running sfc/ scannow in an admin command prompt. If your install is corrupt according to the scan you should reset your Windows 8.1. Hold shift when you click restart to get to that menu. You will need your install media. 

If you haven't done this before this should help. Specifically the "Refresh your PC without affecting your files" section.