Windows 10 Question

MattTheMayor
Go to solution Solved by rustikles,

During the update process, it'll probably give you a prompt to either "Save everything", "Save files, not settings", or "Save nothing". It's up to you if you want a fresh install or keep your programs any files. Ideally it should keep all your games and programs, if you select that option. If that prompt isn't given, just assume that it's keeping everything.

so since its coming out tomorrow derrrnnnn suree ill get it. i was wondering how it'll install. does it delete everything including games and a lot of other stuff then install like a fresh install? or is it just like. slap on windows 10 and still have your stuff.

also is there a possibility they will give the key and iso so i can do a fresh install ?

so since its coming out tomorrow derrrnnnn suree ill get it. i was wondering how it'll install. does it delete everything including games and a lot of other stuff then install like a fresh install? or is it just like. slap on windows 10 and still have your stuff.

also is there a possibility they will give the key and iso so i can do a fresh install ?

You get a new key for Win10.

Win10 is just an update. It's the same when you went from Win8 to Win8.1

You don't have to completly reinstall the whole OS.

Download -> Install -> Restart  ;)

During the update process, it'll probably give you a prompt to either "Save everything", "Save files, not settings", or "Save nothing". It's up to you if you want a fresh install or keep your programs any files. Ideally it should keep all your games and programs, if you select that option. If that prompt isn't given, just assume that it's keeping everything.

CPU: i5 4670k • Cooler: Corsair H100i • Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPOWER • RAM: Crucial Ballistix Elite 2x 8GB • Storage: Samsung 840 250GB SSD, 2x WD Red 3TB • GPU: EVGA GTX 780 3GB • PSU: Corsair RM750W • Case: Corsair 750D • Mouse: Razer Naga 2012 (I actually use the thing for productivity/media buttons) • Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 w/ Browns - Green LED • Monitor: Asus PB278Q 27" 2560 x 1440, ASUS PB238Q 23" 1920x1080 • Lighting: 2m NZXT Sleeved Blue LED Strip • pcpartpicker.com/p/3cHfZ

There is no key with the upgrade. It relies on you already being activated, and being on Windows 7 or 8.1.

Your key must migrate to a Windows 10 key (I assume).

Unless you tell it to format the hdd, it will keep everything, but some games might need reinstalling after he update

Cpu: Ryzen 2700 @ 4.0Ghz | Motherboard: Hero VI x370 | Gpu: EVGA RTX 2080 | Cooler: Custom Water loop | Ram: 16GB Trident Z 3000MHz

PSU: RM650x + Braided cables | Case:  painted Corsair c70 | Monitor: MSI 1440p 144hz VA | Drives: 500GB 850 Evo (OS)

Laptop: 2014 Razer blade 14" Desktop: http://imgur.com/AQZh2sj , http://imgur.com/ukAXerd