Need help setting up MSI gtx 980 ti g6

megatronends

I just bought my first gpu ever, msi gtx 980 ti g6.

But when I installed it in my new system, it not booting up, light on the mobo lights up but nothing is showing up on monitor.

Also if i remove the gpu system boots via onborad gpu.
Can anyone help me if I am missing something.

It came with 6/8 pin convertor. I hope we have to use it for inner 8 pin connector, while using 8 pin connector for outer one.

I have 650 W EVGA power supply I hope thats enough for this card ?

You must connect your monitor directly to the graphics card.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

I m connecting to gpu via dp port

Clear CMOS. Does your motherboard have a button on the rear I/O specifically for this?

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

I just bought my first gpu ever, msi gtx 980 ti g6.

But when I installed it in my new system, it not booting up, light on the mobo lights up but nothing is showing up on monitor.

Also if i remove the gpu system boots via onborad gpu.

Can anyone help me if I am missing something.

It came with 6/8 pin convertor. I hope we have to use it for inner 8 pin connector, while using 8 pin connector for outer one.

I have 650 W EVGA power supply I hope thats enough for this card ?

do you have it in a pci slot with all power connectors filled and connected to the monitor?

<p>Wish I could have this already!! : http://pcpartpicker.com/p/qTLRjX

Clear CMOS. Does your motherboard have a button on the rear I/O specifically for this?

No it doesn't. They system is not even booting to bios .

do you have it in a pci slot with all power connectors filled and connected to the monitor?

Yes it it on the primary pcie slot on the mobo. with 6 + 8 pin power connector

Remove the CMOS battery from the motherboard then re-insert. This will revert the BIOS to default. If you've changed anything in the BIOS it is best to write them down in order to apply them again.

yes reboot bios and try again do you have an intel cpu with built in graphics?

<p>Wish I could have this already!! : http://pcpartpicker.com/p/qTLRjX

Could be a silly question but have you got two 8 pin power connectors plugged in? The MSI is non reference and uses 8+8 not 8+6 like the base 980 Ti.

Asus X99-Deluxe  |  i7 5820k  |  16GB DDR4  |  MSI GTX 980 Ti 6G  |  Samsung 850 Evo + 840 Evo 500GB  |  NZXT H440

Could be a silly question but have you got two 8 pin power connectors plugged in? The MSI is non reference and uses 8+8 not 8+6 like the base 980 Ti.

But the instruction manual with it said use the 8 to 6 pin converter provided. Thus i am using 8 + 6(8 to 6) pin connector.

yes reboot bios and try again do you have an intel cpu with built in graphics?

Remove the CMOS battery from the motherboard then re-insert. This will revert the BIOS to default. If you've changed anything in the BIOS it is best to write them down in order to apply them again.

Thanks guys, the cmos thing did the trick. Thanks for the help.