my PC doesnt want to boot up after installing ram what to do! send help!

maxavaria

so what happend is i changed my RAM from 4 gigs (2x 2g) to 8gigs (2x 4g) and my PC doesnt want to boot up. Well i dont think the PC doesnt start becouse it starts i can hear it and see it but my windows doesnt. It just gets stuck on the page where it says      ASrock  Press F2 for something or DEL    Press F8 for something and those stuff...   did i do something wrong? i double checked my ram its the same brand and such everything is as it should be i checked if they are clicked into place properly and still nothing... 

Press F2 and see if it shows up being recognised in the UEFI BIOS

Also put the sticks in different slots. I had a problem where the RAM wouldn't run at its 2400MHz when I built my computer.

so the thing is that when i put both of the sticks i cant use the bios menu becouse it just freezes. so when i use only 1 i see this.   oh and both of the sticks are 1600mhz and i think its showing 1333mhz or something idk.

post-243463-0-43732200-1438083268_thumb.

post-243463-0-42295900-1438083308_thumb.

So, your motherboard has detected no RAM stick in slot A1, but has detected a RAM stick in slot B1 and is running it at 1333Mhz for the sake of compatibility. You'll probably need to change the "Load XMP Setting" away from "Default." We likely need to change it to a manual option to turn down the memory speed. Even this probably won't get it to see the second stick of RAM.

It would probably be worth re-seating the ram sticks. Unplugging both, and securely plugging them back in.

It could be a speed issue, it could be a Dual Channel mode issue, it could be bad RAM. There's a lot of different things this issue could be.

If you can find the motherboard model number and the model number on the new ram sticks, and even the CPU, that would help to some degree.

So, your motherboard has detected no RAM stick in slot A1, but has detected a RAM stick in slot B1 and is running it at 1333Mhz for the sake of compatibility. You'll probably need to change the "Load XMP Setting" away from "Default." We likely need to change it to a manual option to turn down the memory speed. Even this probably won't get it to see the second stick of RAM.

It would probably be worth re-seating the ram sticks. Unplugging both, and securely plugging them back in.

It could be a speed issue, it could be a Dual Channel mode issue, it could be bad RAM. There's a lot of different things this issue could be.

If you can find the motherboard model number and the model number on the new ram sticks, and even the CPU, that would help to some degree.

no it detects both but in the pictures i just inserted one stick of ram in slot B1 becouse if i put both of the sticks it just freezes it doesnt do anything so i have to remove 1 of them to do anything in the bios menu. Thanks anyway

no it detects both but in the pictures i just inserted one stick of ram in slot B1 becouse if i put both of the sticks it just freezes it doesnt do anything so i have to remove 1 of them to do anything in the bios menu.

If it detects both ram sticks then it's probably a speed/voltage/timing issue. What probably needs to happen is to underclock your ram while you have 1 stick in, so the system doesn't freeze, and then put both sticks in and see if they work at an underclocked setting.

Put one stick of ram in, change the "Load XMP Setting" to manual, and set the speed for the sticks really low, to something like 1066Mhz. Then shut the computer down, put both sticks in, and see if it boots. 

11-11-11-28 1.5v @ 1066Mhz should be a base line setting that should work. If it fails with these settings, then it could very well be that the RAM you have is bad.

If things work with underclocked memory, it would mean that there's a weak link in either your CPU, Motherboard, or RAM, which is inhibiting you from running the RAM at it's rated speed. It would be very difficult to figure out which.

If it detects both ram sticks then it's probably a speed/voltage/timing issue. What probably needs to happen is to underclock your ram while you have 1 stick in, so the system doesn't freeze, and then put both sticks in and see if they work at an underclocked setting.

Put one stick of ram in, change the "Load XMP Setting" to manual, and set the speed for the sticks really low, to something like 1066Mhz. Then shut the computer down, put both sticks in, and see if it boots. 

11-11-11-28 1.5v @ 1066Mhz should be a base line setting that should work. If it fails with these settings, then it could very well be that the RAM you have is bad.

If things work with underclocked memory, it would mean that there's a weak link in either your CPU, Motherboard, or RAM, which is inhibiting you from running the RAM at it's rated speed. It would be very difficult to figure out which.

wait but can i change the mhz after that from 1066 to 1600? 

wait but can i change the mhz after that from 1066 to 1600? 

If it works at 1066Mhz, try moving it up to 1333Mhz, if that works, try 1600Mhz. It probably won't work at 1600Mhz, unless you increase the voltage and/or increase the timings, based on the fact that the system doesn't seem stable with the XMP profile. I would say, try to get it to 1333Mhz, and stick with that if it will work. If 1333Mhz doesn't work, try sticking with 1066Mhz, it's not really THAT much of a difference anyway.

What we're aiming for at the moment is getting the system running, if that means the ram needs to run at 1066Mhz for the time being, that's probably just ok. Once it posts with both sticks, then we can start working towards getting the memory speed higher.

If it works at 1066Mhz, try moving it up to 1333Mhz, if that works, try 1600Mhz. It probably won't work at 1600Mhz, unless you increase the voltage and/or increase the timings, based on the fact that the system doesn't seem stable with the XMP profile. I would say, try to get it to 1333Mhz, and stick with that if it will work. If 1333Mhz doesn't work, try sticking with 1066Mhz, it's not really THAT much of a difference anyway.

What we're aiming for at the moment is getting the system running, if that means the ram needs to run at 1066Mhz for the time being, that's probably just ok. Once it posts with both sticks, then we can start working towards getting the memory speed higher.

okay thank you :)