The 980 Ti amp Extreme is amazing

Statecat

I've been using this card for a week and it is fantastic. I am getting 70-80+ FPS in the witcher 3 with hairworks off, 144 FPS in Bioshock, Borderlands, and Subnautica, and 120+ FPS in Toxikk. I have yet to test any Crysis games but in 3D mark under the high end benchmarks my card was 98% better than all the other results. The ASIC quality is 70%. While this isn't the best, it is better than I was hoping and I don't mind it considering it is overclocked so high. The card can get a little loud, but is dead silent idle. The Witcher 3 is really the only game I have tested so far that gets the card running a little louder. But my headphones drown the sound out anyway and they are open back, so really it must not be that loud. Temps are good too, with it being around 40-ish degrees celsius idle and 60+ when under load. This is a drastic improvement compared to my previous Titan X which ran in the 80s and was as loud as a leaf blower. Who else owns this card? What sort of performance have you guys been getting if so?

Damn, I am jealous. In my area I can only get the normal AMP! edition not the extreme, what are their differences?

Pretty much. Also, here's a few pictures of how badly my G1 fits. :P

PdiggKq.jpgar7xdqm.jpgjrZx9lz.jpg

Yes, I know that airflow in the front is literally 0CFM from the cables.

That would look amazing if you would get custom (shortened) power supply cables. It looks good but man that could look extremely clean.

I7 5820k, Asus X99 Sabertooth, 980Ti Classified, 32gb Gskill Ripjaws 4, Corsair Rm1000i, Samsung 950 Pro, Custom Loop Xspc Cpu Block Ek Gpu Block, Windows 10, Define S. Acer Predator XB271HU

Damn, I am jealous. In my area I can only get the normal AMP! edition not the extreme, what are their differences?

Well the extreme is huge for one part. Its base clock is 1253 and its boost 1355. Although I've seen mine boost to 1407. 0.o It's a beast. If you want the most powerful 980 Ti available right now, then that's the extreme. Although you could buy an MSI Gaming 6G and overclock it to perform better than the extreme. Only problem is the MSI card only has two fans so it runs much hotter.

I'm going to punch your face- IN THE FACE.

That would look amazing if you would get custom (shortened) power supply cables. It looks good but man that could look extremely clean.

You know, that's actually a good idea, as that would fix the whole "my fan is obstructed by 1237123 power cables" issue. I could never justify the price for the look, but for the function I sure can...

[spoiler = "My Computer Stuff"]

My ITX:

240 Air ; Z87I-Deluxe ; 4770K ; H100i ; G1 GTX 980TI ; Vengeance Pro 2400MHz (2x8GB) ; 3x 840 EVO (250GB) ; 2x WD Red Pro (4TB) ; RM650 ; 3x Dell U2414H ; G710+ ; G700s ; O2 + ODAC + Q701 ; Yamaha HTR-3066 + 5.1 Pioneer.

Things I Need To Get Off My Shelf:

250D ; 380T ; 800D ; C70 ; i7 920 ; i5 4670K ; Maximus Hero VI ; G.Skill 2133MHz (4x4GB) ; Crucial 2133MHz (2x4GB) ; Patriot 1600MHz (4x4GB) ; HX750 ; CX650M ; 2x WD Red (3TB) ; 5x 840 EVO (250GB) ; H60H100iH100i ; H100i ; VS247H-P ; K70 Reds ; K70 Blues ; K70 RGB Browns ; HD650.

You know, that's actually a good idea, as that would fix the whole "my fan is obstructed by 1237123 power cables" issue. I could never justify the price for the look, but for the function I sure can...

I never tried shortening cables but you might be able to and save some dough!

I7 5820k, Asus X99 Sabertooth, 980Ti Classified, 32gb Gskill Ripjaws 4, Corsair Rm1000i, Samsung 950 Pro, Custom Loop Xspc Cpu Block Ek Gpu Block, Windows 10, Define S. Acer Predator XB271HU