Unusual network behavior at startup

RadSalacan

So this morning I started up my PC like normal and noticed that my core-temp CPU temp monitoring software took an unusually long amount of time to start.  I dismissed it and really thought nothing of it.  When I restarted again (for a reason I don't recall) I noticed in my task tray that Microsoft Security Essentials was not in active real time protection mode, I also noticed that my network icon had the blue "working" ring on it, I also again noticed that core-temp took longer than normal to load up.  I've narrowed things down and figured out that it is isolated to my PC (none others on the network) and figured out that once the blue "working" ring on the network icon in the task try finishes doing whatever it is that it's doing, those other 2 things fire up no problem...core-temp jumps on and security essentials goes active in real time protection mode.  This is a new development as of today.  I can't figure out what the problem is with the network as I have internet access even when the ring is present.  It's very puzzling.  Anyone have any insight or ideas as to what may be causing this?  I run windows 7 and all my hardware is in my profile.  I may try a restore point but I'm not holding out hope.  Any help or advice is appreciated.  Let me know if anyone needs any more info on the situation.  Thanks in advance!

my guess is that its winderp finalizing some network detection stuff...

my windows 7 box does that a lot as well.

my guess is that its winderp finalizing some network detection stuff...

my windows 7 box does that a lot as well.

I certainly hope that windows 10 doesn't behave like that.  I don't even recall installing any windows updates that would have changed anything.  

Anyone else have any ideas?

I'm not sure if this is related or not but I installed core temp last night and got a virus from it. The virus was called Cinima plus so I would check for that, then again it might be something different. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x  GPU: ASUS Strix rtx 2080 Super RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 8gb x4 PSU: Corsair HX850i Motherboard: ASUS Strix x570-E Storage: Samsung 840 pro, Samsung 970 evo 1tb nvme, segate 2tb Case: NZXT H510I Cooling: Corsair h100i

I'm not sure if this is related or not but I installed core temp last night and got a virus from it. The virus was called Cinima plus so I would check for that, then again it might be something different. 

perhaps worth investigating.

sometimes these weird things come from the weirdest side.

I'll cruise around and see what I can find.  I've been using this install of core temp for months now and have used the same link for years.  But thanks for the heads up.

Did you see "cinema plus" in the task manager?  Or Add/remove program?

I'll cruise around and see what I can find.  I've been using this install of core temp for months now and have used the same link for years.  But thanks for the heads up.

Did you see "cinema plus" in the task manager?  Or Add/remove program?

both, there was also an extension in google chrome for it, though I found out about it because every time I would click on a page (google ect) it would open a new tab to a site that said your computer is running slow or something like that. 

Also I read online that other people were getting viruses from core temp that were different then mine. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x  GPU: ASUS Strix rtx 2080 Super RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 8gb x4 PSU: Corsair HX850i Motherboard: ASUS Strix x570-E Storage: Samsung 840 pro, Samsung 970 evo 1tb nvme, segate 2tb Case: NZXT H510I Cooling: Corsair h100i

both, there was also an extension in google chrome for it, though I found out about it because every time I would click on a page (google ect) it would open a new tab to a site that said your computer is running slow or something like that. 

Also I read online that other people were getting viruses from core temp that were different then mine. 

I'll definitely make sure to remember this in the future.  But I don't think it has to do with my situation right now.