Asus GTX 980 Ti Strix stock

ChrisxIxCross

I have been holding off for weeks on this card and it's still not available to buy anywhere. It seems every non reference Ti has come out BUT the one I want the most. I just don't understand what could possibly be taking so long. Not to mention the manufacturing process for these cards is fully machine automated so you would think it would come out faster. Anyone else who wants this card getting a bit frustrated?

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

Yields probably.

Idk man I mean the Kingpin has even come out already and that card has been binned for ASIC quality.

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

I know that feeling, I pre-ordered that card since a month ago and still haven't got it.

Edit:

And the release date is still ETA, Most likely this week or next week :) .

Idk man I mean the Kingpin has even come out already and that card has been binned for ASIC quality.

Board manufacturers are still dependent on nvidia to provide the chips... Binning only complicates matters.

I have been holding off for weeks on this card and it's still not available to buy anywhere. It seems every non reference Ti has come out BUT the one I want the most. I just don't understand what could possibly be taking so long. Not to mention the manufacturing process for these cards is fully machine automated so you would think it would come out faster. Anyone else who wants this card getting a bit frustrated?

I can't say much but I have an insider at Asus that indicated they are having defect quality problems with the heatsink and have to redo it before sending anymore out

@Arct1c0n  are u saying that the currents strixes 980tis which are on the market are defect??

@Arct1c0n  are u saying that the currents strixes 980tis which are on the market are defect??

It's possibly true - I had two separate preorders made one on Ebuyer and the other Amazon. Ebuyer outright cancelled my order a couple of weeks ago and completely removed all traces of the product listing from their website which is a bad sign. I'm not sure if anyone else who ordered through them had theirs fulfilled.

It's a shame if it turns out to be true - but bear in mind Asus only have the reference 980Ti model out at present, so expect them to be working on this issue as a priority because they are otherwise losing sales.

Yes, if you read the reviews, the heatpipes have large gaps on them and that creates major hotspots on GPU die and thus, it runs hotter

@Arct1c0n will it make a big difference

You better believe it. Why do you think guru3d's review STRIX model was running at 83c?

I can't say much but I have an insider at Asus that indicated they are having defect quality problems with the heatsink and have to redo it before sending anymore out

Oh wow well that makes sense since they designed the cooler to fit both the AMD Fury card as well. Kinda similar to what EVGA did to cut corners with the 970.

Oh wow well that makes sense since they designed the cooler to fit both the AMD Fury card as well. Kinda similar to what EVGA did to cut corners with the 970.

Note the gaps

cooler2.jpg

58bb0903_Asus_GTX_980_Ti_Strix_Gaming_co

Note the lack of gaps in the older DCUII version

DSCF3407.jpg

asus-gtx980strix-12-rs.jpg

Thanks for the info. But how should i know if my strix has this problem? @Arct1c0n

Thanks for the info. But how should i know if my strix has this problem?

If it runs well into the 70c or 80c range even with the fans on a very high speed during a load

If it runs well into the 70c or 80c range even with the fans on a very high speed during a load

Otherwise i should return it i guess

If your brave, you can take the heatsink and fan unit off and check yourself

If your brave, you can take the heatsink and fan unit off and check yourself

But then the warranty will fade right?

@Arct1c0n ???

Note the gaps

cooler2.jpg

58bb0903_Asus_GTX_980_Ti_Strix_Gaming_co

Note the lack of gaps in the older DCUII version

DSCF3407.jpg

asus-gtx980strix-12-rs.jpg

Damn... Well good call on Asus deciding to freeze sales before things got bad. Can you ask your friend how much longer its going to take before we see a revised version?

Where did you order your card from?