BT Home Hub Aweful?

Nova Dwagon

So we done the hole moving and got a new BT home hub that supports 2.4ghz and 5ghz

However its not very stable and takes ages to start up (about 30mins from turn on > brodcasting wifi)

And i also found this

7Bj7s6V.png?1

All Signals on channel 1 are comming from the BT router, the red one is the one we use

This is not healthy is it?

So we done the hole moving and got a new BT home hub that supports 2.4ghz and 5ghz

However its not very stable and takes ages to start up (about 30mins from turn on > brodcasting wifi)

And i also found this

All Signals on channel 1 are comming from the BT router, the red one is the one we use

This is not healthy is it?

You could just leave the Hub on all the time. Like what everybody else does unless there's some weird power circumstance. 

You can change the WiFi channel in the BT Hub settings thing if you want. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

The BT router is almost as pathetic as the sky one (almost) 

I'd replace it asap if you want a good wifi connection, I replaced my old one with an Asus rt-n66u, which is an old router now but still performs so much better than my BT one did, now I actually get wifi throughout my house and with a good signal. 

i5 4690k | GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | 16GB RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | NZXT Kraken X61 | 850 EVO 250GB x2  | 1TB 850 Evo NZXT Noctis 450 | EVGA 750W 80+ Gold

Ducky Shine 3 TKL (Browns) | LG 34UC87C | Logitech MX Master ATH-M50x's + DT990 Pro's 

Well actually channel 1 looks like it's busy but it will all be coming from your own Router, looks like you have the BT open Wifi thing enabled. These operate on a separate SSID, you can disable those in the settings, but you suffer the consequence of not being able to connect to other people's BT Wifi when out and about. Also as mentioned above, you can change the channel, you can also split the 2.4Ghz & 5Ghz into seperate SSIDs. As for the length of time it takes to start up, was that on initial setup? personally my one takes a few minutes. 30 Minutes startup to me, sounds faulty.

Other than that, the Router is pretty average. It's what you expect with the free ones given out via ISPs. It works, but that's about it.

You should really keep your router on all the time because otherwise it will have to keep syncing with the phone lines (I learnt this myself after having fiber installed), that could be what is causing a long boot up time as well. However I heard the the new BT Home Hub was good due to most of the reviews and a few friends, maybe you have a faulty unit.

| Ryzen 7 3700x | 16GB Vengance @ 3200 | MSI GTX 1070Ti Gaming | 

| ADATA XPG SX8000NP 256GB Nvme SSD + WD Blue 500GB SSD | 4TB WD Blue |

| Corsair RM650x |        

| NZXT H200 White |

I'm still using my BT Home Hub 3 on Infinity (their 75Mb/s package - FTTC setup, cabinet is a 2min walk away - although we get less than half of that due to ancient copper wiring) and I haven't really had any problems with connectivity - except that one time when the Hub crashed and started spamming multiple SSIDs of itself.

Check out how many gigs of data the house has used ^_^

post-226577-0-03699500-1438015304_thumb.

WiFi coverage - we also use an extender. Hub highlighted in blue

post-226577-0-27707900-1438015504_thumb.

post-226577-0-03699500-1438015304_thumb.

post-226577-0-27707900-1438015504_thumb.

Speedtests

WiFi - 7ms, 22Mb down, 10Mb up

Ethernet - 6ms, 47.5Mb down, 9.7Mb up

Rigs

Spoiler

Type            Desktop

OS              Windows 10 Pro

CPU             i5-4430S

RAM             8GB CORSAIR XMS3 (2x4gb)

Cooler          LC Power LC-CC-97 65W

Motherboard     ASUS H81M-PLUS

GPU             GeForce GTX 1060

Storage         120GB Sandisk SSD (boot), 750GB Seagate 2.5" (storage), 500GB Seagate 2.5" SSHD (cache)

Spoiler

Type            Server

OS              Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

CPU             Core 2 Duo E6320

RAM             2GB Non-ECC

Motherboard     ASUS P5VD2-MX SE

Storage         RAID 1: 250GB WD Blue and Seagate Barracuda

Uses            Webserver, NAS, Mediaserver, Database Server

Quotes of Fame

On 8/27/2015 at 10:09 AM, Drixen said:

Linus is light years ahead a lot of other YouTubers, he isn't just an average YouTuber.. he's legitimately, legit.

On 10/11/2015 at 11:36 AM, Geralt said:

When something is worth doing, it's worth overdoing.

On 6/22/2016 at 10:05 AM, trag1c said:

It's completely blown out of proportion. Also if you're the least bit worried about data gathering then you should go live in a cave a 1000Km from the nearest establishment simply because every device and every entity gathers information these days. In the current era privacy is just fallacy and nothing more.

I think you might have a faulty router if it takes almost 30minutes to start up. I have mine up in just few minutes and also paired with a wifi range extender. I change the channel manually because I live in area with plenty of small business and houses wifi. Those other two SSID are actually from the same router so it's normal. You can always change the channel manually if one channel gets really congested. Use your internet browser and type in 192.168.1.254 

I believe they would have also told you to use the internet normally for at least 3 days even if the speed is slow because the router is doing some speed optimisation in the background.