need help with overclocking

flip

Alright so I recently built a new computer and I've never overclocked anything before. I'm hoping I can get some help getting this done.

Here is my build, the only thing different is I got an MSI 980 ti instead of the reference card. 

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2DKv7P

http://puu.sh/jdTOJ/eec78bc723.png

I've tried to overclock using intel extreme tuning utility but it would always reset back to defaults after rebooting. I tried again and it somehow fucked my settings and turned off intel turbo boost so it more or less underclocked my cpu and now I can't even turn that back on because it's greyed out. No idea how in the fuck that could happen but it did. In my BIOS menu just about everything has been greyed out and still is. I can't change any of the options that I need to and I can't find a way to make it so I can. Here is a link that shows what my bios menu looks like:

and here is a pic I took with my phone showing how most of the options are greyed out and can't be changed.

I could really use some help with this. Thanks.

I recommend OCing in the BIOS, especially for the CPU. Usually overclocking in the OS is not the best way to do it. As for the GPU, increase the base clock by 50 and the memory by 100 and slow down to 5 on the base and like 10 or 20 on the memory once you get too far. I like to use MSI Afterburner or EVGA PrecisionX 16. I don't have any experience with the 5960X, haven't even had a component remotely near that price, but I suggest going to a forum where they have overclocking guides for your specific processor, as I'm sure they're out there. 

well I ffound out the reason everything was greyed out was because I had oc genie enabled... I disabled that. Still have a problem though. I can't change my cpu multiplier ratio. It's not greyed out but I can't change it in BIOS or in intel extreme tuning utility...