Is it okay to put the bass ALL the way up on a subwoofer?

VG Docs

I have a new 2.1 speaker system, and it has a bass knob on it as well as overall volume. The bass is excellent, especially at medium and higher volumes. I wonder though, is it fine to keep this on its highest level?

As another thought, there's a program called DFX Audio Enhancer that I have. The "hyperbass" option on it will actually give a warning (not for my speaker setup, but for my phone) that it may damage the speakers (phone speakers) if used. Would it be safe to crank both, hyperbass and the bass knob when using my 2.1 system? I probably never will, but it'd be nice to know.

A guy on answers yahoo said subs will overheat after 30-45 min of continuous use when the bass is all the way up, but then again... it's answers yahoo so I have no idea what to think.

Previously Trogdor8freebird

5800x | Asus x570 Pro Wifi (barely enough for 64GB apparently given it's 2133 and still crashes sometimes) | 64GB DDR4 | 3070 Ti 8GB | Love that whole weeb shit

they probably have tested the unit with the bass knob all the way up so its likely fine, but Im not sure about the program.

Cpu: Ryzen 2700 @ 4.0Ghz | Motherboard: Hero VI x370 | Gpu: EVGA RTX 2080 | Cooler: Custom Water loop | Ram: 16GB Trident Z 3000MHz

PSU: RM650x + Braided cables | Case:  painted Corsair c70 | Monitor: MSI 1440p 144hz VA | Drives: 500GB 850 Evo (OS)

Laptop: 2014 Razer blade 14" Desktop: http://imgur.com/AQZh2sj , http://imgur.com/ukAXerd

If it's properly designed it shouldn't be a problem. If it's not, you'll overdrive it and ruin it.

Probably gonna be ok, but it might sound like crap if it works like an EQ and lowers the highs when boosting the lows.

My PC CPU: 2600K@4.5GHz 1.3v Cooler: Noctua NH-U12P SE2 MB: ASUS Maximus IV RAM: Kingston 1600MHz 8GB & Corsair 1600MHz 16GB GPU: 780Ti Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, Samsung 830 256GB SSD, Kingston 128GB SSD, WD Black 1TB,WD Green 1TB. PSU: Corsair AX850 Case: CM HAF X. Optical drive: LG Bluray burner  MacBook Pro, Hackintosh

I've had two subwoofers cranked all the way up constantly. They were fine. That being said, I never used software bass enhancers in addition to hardware knobs.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Slowly keep upping bass until it starts to sound bad or you get rattling from all the bass (my sub will vibrate itself apart before it distorts). Just be careful and slowly increase it, don't go from 0 to 100 instantly

Probably gonna be ok, but it might sound like crap if it works like an EQ and lowers the highs when boosting the lows.

It surprisingly still sounds really good with DFX. Still probably won't use it much though, just in case.

I've had two subwoofers cranked all the way up constantly. They were fine. That being said, I never used software bass enhancers in addition to hardware knobs.

Really? Were they really expensive subs though? Mine's pretty cheap.

Slowly keep upping bass until it starts to sound bad or you get rattling from all the bass (my sub will vibrate itself apart before it distorts). Just be careful and slowly increase it, don't go from 0 to 100 instantly

I don't ever get to such a high volume that it distorts or rattles.

Previously Trogdor8freebird

5800x | Asus x570 Pro Wifi (barely enough for 64GB apparently given it's 2133 and still crashes sometimes) | 64GB DDR4 | 3070 Ti 8GB | Love that whole weeb shit

It surprisingly still sounds really good with DFX. Still probably won't use it much though, just in case.

Yeah, distortion kills a speaker faster than running a bit more power through it than the spec says. But then again if you have an active sub, the amplifier will be spec matched to the sub anyway, so the only real danger is overheating your amp if the gain is set too high. But you would notice if it does that.

So I'm gonna say you will be fine

My PC CPU: 2600K@4.5GHz 1.3v Cooler: Noctua NH-U12P SE2 MB: ASUS Maximus IV RAM: Kingston 1600MHz 8GB & Corsair 1600MHz 16GB GPU: 780Ti Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, Samsung 830 256GB SSD, Kingston 128GB SSD, WD Black 1TB,WD Green 1TB. PSU: Corsair AX850 Case: CM HAF X. Optical drive: LG Bluray burner  MacBook Pro, Hackintosh

The one subwoofer I had came with my old Dimension 3000.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch