Gmod not working

xTrixieHD

Well, whenever i play gmod on singleplayer now, it just crashes, no error message, nothing just gone. it happens at the end of loading a map. and i've tried every map i have. no avail. and it isn't addons because i've seen people with many more addons than me and their games work. multiplayer works, but my ping is crap. please i need help gmod is one of my favourite games and i haven't played it in a while because of this.

(p.s i posted this on these forums because the steam community is a bunch of dicks who never read anything)

500 Posts achieved 29/4/16 9:13PM

i7 980x Power! BeamnDrivionothbesgameComicSans

“I was the rebellious one.” - Maxene Andrews

Damn that's a nice hair flick 1981 Simon LeBon!

"Nothing gets you going like a juicy pussy!" - ashens

"what sorry blender isn't that what you make smoothe?" - pathole

"Yeah, well i'm a member of the waffen ss who lives with hitler in the bunker And i like modern music!" - Hans krebs loves fish

"We won world war 2 for a reason" - ironic shitposting is still shitposting

"Fight shooting game with pretty girls" - megami strike 1943

"You've got wood in an evo" - moog

"oxygofishafacematerialsotosis" - linus

"Vehicle stimulator" - crappy russian mod site

"The power table" - Nerdcubed

"Nuclear spaghetti" - ashens

FRANKIE SAYS RELAX!!!!

Try removing the addons and try again.

Or verify game cache.

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

Try removing the addons and try again.

Or verify game cache.

I've tried verifying the cache and that didn't work, well i guess i'll have to enable the addons one by one and test them.......

"Yeah, well i'm a member of the waffen ss who lives with hitler in the bunker And i like modern music!" - Hans krebs loves fish

FRANKIE SAYS RELAX!!!!

I've tried verifying the cache and that didn't work, well i guess i'll have to enable the addons one by one and test them.......

Do you have a lot of addons? Sometimes it can slow down/crash garry's mod.

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

Do you have a lot of addons? Sometimes it can slow down/crash garry's mod.

No, only 5 pages, but i think i know which addon is causing it the zombie swep, it won't show up in the addons folder. and it keeps creating script errors and i can't find it in gmod.

FRANKIE SAYS RELAX!!!!

and it isn't addons because i've seen people with many more addons than me and their games work.

At the same time, some addons can have conflicts with each other. If you have a lot of addons and your game still works, you're just lucky that there are no conflicts.

I'd try disabling all of your addons and seeing if it will load. If it loads with all the addons disabled, then there might be a conflict.

Blue Jay

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k (OC'd 4.4GHz) Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon GPU: EVGA GTX 950 SSC RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1x8GB) SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case: NZXT S340 Black/Blue PSU: Corsair CX430M

Other Stuff

Monitor: Acer H236HL BID Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Keyboard: I don't even know Mouse Pad: SteelSeries QcK Headset: Turtle Beach X12

GitHub

At the same time, some addons can have conflicts with each other. If you have a lot of addons and your game still works, you're just lucky that there are no conflicts.

I'd try disabling all of your addons and seeing if it will load. If it loads with all the addons disabled, then there might be a conflict.

Yeah, it does work with no addons, alright then. i'll try enabling only the mods i need.

FRANKIE SAYS RELAX!!!!

No, only 5 pages, but i think i know which addon is causing it the zombie swep, it won't show up in the addons folder. and it keeps creating script errors and i can't find it in gmod.

If you think you know the cause, unsubscribe the addons and delete the files in the addons folder. Otherwise it'll be redownloaded everytime you delete them.

PC Specs

Indonesia

Australia