500$ Laptop for browsing/study

queb

Looking to buy a laptop for primarily studying (Office Package only), but i plan using it for browsing aswell when i can't be arsed to use my desktop.

some requirements i have:

Laptop has to last 2 years at least

Best screen for the bucks as possible

Watch youtube in 1080p 60 fps

1080p movies in VLC (will be running on a external drive)

the size of the hard drive doesent matter really, i'd actually prefer a small SSD if possible

i'm gonna buy the laptop in Denmark

Hope you guys can help me out on this

Yep. Surface. Yep.

yadda yadda yadda they're really good yadda yadda yadda I use mine for studenty stuff too yadda yadda yadda the Surface 3 is cheap if you're strapped for cash

@Mug

I dont like tablet pc's, and it's abit over my budget (atleast in Denmark)

@jonadegraaf

700 is too much unfortunately, i dont find it necessary either to spend more than 500$ on a browser pc literally:p

@Mug

320£ is what i have :)

@jonadegraaf

700 is too much unfortunately, i dont find it necessary either to spend more than 500$ on a browser pc literally:p

@Mug

320£ is what i have :)

Have you considered perhaps a HP stream or a Chromebook?

@Mug

I've got told i should stay away from HP unless i wanna have troubles with heat problems.. i have considered a Chromebook, but it feels like you're very limited vs a windows based pc.

but i do really like the look of Toshiba Chromebook 2 (1920x1080 resolution model) and it's abit under my budget.

@Mug

I've got told i should stay away from HP unless i wanna have troubles with heat problems.. i have considered a Chromebook, but it feels like you're very limited vs a windows based pc.

but i do really like the look of Toshiba Chromebook 2 (1920x1080 resolution model) and it's abit under my budget.

You could consider dual booting your chromebook with Linux if you feel it isn't giving you enough. However, I think it'll serve you quite well. You can do everything on a Chromebook that most people wanna do on their PC and for that little extra, just hop onto your main desktop.