Backup software

elmo

Looking for a backup software that is able to sync documents to a server on lan , fully automated and scheduled .

Should work for multiple pc .. recommendations please

Paid or free ?

If paid then I recommend NovaBackup or Arconis. Both very good solution's.

For free you could try Paragon backup & recovery free, but I'm not sure if it supports back-up over LAN  

You could also try the Anti-virus software you have, mostly of the time it has a backup tool integrated, not as good as stand-alone but word a try.

EDIT: Paragon does support network backup

Edited by remyseroos

Thanks . I will have a read through the softwares your recomended :)

Quick question , are there nas that are capable of doing the same things above? without needing these softwares?

There must be some, try to look at company's like WD, synology, Lacie etc. 

But if you have some pc building skills, you could build you're own NAS with the freeNAS (http://www.freenas.org) software. If you want to do this, I can help you further on. just let me know. 

I use Macrium Reflect which is totally free as long as it's for personal use. It has a lot of nice features. It also isn't too heavy on system resources. I used paragon before for a long time. It doesn't compete.With reflect it will prompt you to make a windows or Linux based boot CD for restoring or imaging a new disk. It has all the network functionality one could want. There is an Enterprise version ( not free ) that is even better.

By denying scientific principles, one may maintain any paradox.

-Galileo Galilei

I use Macrium Reflect which is totally free as long as it's for personal use. It has a lot of nice features. It also isn't too heavy on system resources. I used paragon before for a long time. It doesn't compete.With reflect it will prompt you to make a windows or Linux based boot CD for restoring or imaging a new disk. It has all the network functionality one could want. There is an Enterprise version ( not free ) that is even better.

Nice program, didn't knew it. But the only problem is that you can't back-up individually files & folders. So you can only make a full disk image.

If that is what you want then you can use this one also.

Nice program, didn't knew it. But the only problem is that you can't back-up individually files & folders. So you can only make a full disk image.

If that is what you want then you can use this one also.

That is the part you pay for unfortunately. Although I'm assuming that is what he was looking for. Personally I only use windows for gaming so my main backup utility is cat. One of the most powerful ones on any OS, and it can generate every kind of format I use.  

By denying scientific principles, one may maintain any paradox.

-Galileo Galilei