My mic is working when it's not supposed to

kiril.zh
Go to solution Solved by Sat,

Go to your playback devices and double click on your soundcard/speakers, go to levels then mute your microphone. If that didn't work then go to your recording devices and double click on your microphone and disable 'Listen to this device'

I'm guessing you accidentally enabled microphone playback (listening to your microphone) which you won't need for it to work on Skype

My problem is that my mic is on all the time. For example when I'm listening to music it's still on and when I turn up the volume (I use speakers and a mic, not a headset) this horrible sound is produced. i don't know how it is called but it happens when the speakers and thi mic a close to each other. Anyway how can I disable my microphone so that when I'm listening to music it doesn't pick any noises but at the same time still works in skype?

Right click on the speaker in thee bottom right corner of the Windows desktop. Click on recording devices and disable you mic from there. 

It does however seem strange that you have interference from the mic in you speakers. Check if you have enabled mic listening in the mic properties.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

I already tried that it it didn't work. I guess Microsoft is really recording me :D

Anyway any other ideas?

Thanks for the quick responses :)

That noise is caused by a feedback loop. Your speaker outputs a sound, the microphone picks it up. The speaker then outputs the sound that the microphone picked up and the microphone picks up the sound again. And so on and so on...

PC Specs: i7 4770k @ 4.3Ghz 1.165v, Corsair H100i + 2x SP120 PE in Pull, Asus ROG Maximus VII Hero, 8GB Kingston Hyper-X Genesis 1600mhz, X-fire Sapphire HD7950 3GB OC Dual X Edition, Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium - Fatal1ty, 60GB OCZ Agility 3, 120GB OCZ Agility 3, 480GB Seagate 600 Series, 1TB WD Caviar Black, Corsair TX850, CM Storm Trooper, Win 7 Pro. Peripherals: Microsoft Sidewinder X6 Keyboard, Logitech G700S Mouse, Sennheiser G4ME ONE Headset, Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speakers. Phone: HTC One M8.

OK but do you have any suggestions how to fix it?

Thanks for the info btw :)

Go to your playback devices and double click on your soundcard/speakers, go to levels then mute your microphone. If that didn't work then go to your recording devices and double click on your microphone and disable 'Listen to this device'

I'm guessing you accidentally enabled microphone playback (listening to your microphone) which you won't need for it to work on Skype

(I use speakers and a mic, not a headset)

I would hate to play games with you.

Install Gentoo GNU/Linux | "You have been placed on moderator queue. This means that all content you submit will need to be approved by a moderator before it will be shown." | top LEL

Build specs: Corsair 540, i7 2600K @ 4.2Ghz, Asrock z77 extreme4, 16gb DDR3 @1866, 2 x 1TB, GTX 560 ti
Monitors: Asus VG236H, Dell U2713HM Headphones: Koss PortaPro, DT 770 80ohm, AT-AD700 | Steam profile