Bad GTX 770?

I just got a brand new Zotac GTX 770 and have owned it for two days.  I started to write in fine detail all that has happen in the two days but it started to turn into a book, so here is the short ver.  PROBLEM: ALL DX10 games and Benchmakrs crash(DX9, DX11 run smooth as Silk for hours on end). What I have done: last 4 WHQL drivers all from nvidia website ALL clean installs, clean install of .NET 4.5, Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable, reinstall of all effected games, reinstall of OS, and different PSU and different PCIe slot on Mobo. Verdict? is it a software issue i keep overlooking or is it a bad card?  Also on a side note the card ran hotter and slightly less preformance on the second day but i have changed alot from a software standpoint that could effect it.

System specs.

Windows 7 64bit Home premium

MSI Z77A-GD65

Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB(4x4GB) 1866 C9

Corsair HX 850w / Seasonic platinum 1000w

SK hynix 256GB SSD

Intel 3570K 3.4GHz

As allways thank you to all in advance and this is still one of the best tech forums i have found on the internet :) 

If you were to stress the card using the Heaven benchmark in DX11, does it crash?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

If you were to stress the card using the Heaven benchmark in DX11, does it crash?

No, ran the card for aprox. 2 hours with Heaven benchmark 4.0 DX11 extreme preset 1920x1080 res with no issue, 928 score with avg 38.9 fps, DX9 also works fine.

also have ran furmark, and 3Dmark firestrike with no issues

Should be a software issue, question is where the problem might be.

A bad card should not pass DX9 and DX11 tests and crash with DX10.

Tried different versions of drivers?

Should be a software issue, question is where the problem might be.

A bad card should not pass DX9 and DX11 tests and crash with DX10.

Tried different versions of drivers?

yes, 326.19 beta, 320.49 WHQL, 320.18 WHQL, and 314.22 WHQL all clean installs, all failed to run DX10 games.

Most likely it's a software issue if your card can pass everything else but DX10.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

What's your old card? Tried that again?

Any crash logs to investigate? Maybe the event viewer can give some insight to what happens just before things crash.

Resident Evil 5 DX10 ver. this the best it's ever done 30% threw the caned benchmark

Faulting application name: RE5DX10.exe, version: 1.0.0.129, time stamp: 0x4a531c50
Faulting module name: d3d11.dll, version: 6.2.9200.16570, time stamp: 0x5153774d
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000a7904
Faulting process id: 0x104c
Faulting application start time: 0x01ce8e21332caf91
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Resident Evil 5\RE5DX10.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\d3d11.dll
Report Id: 22bd761b-fa15-11e2-b737-d43d7e576354

Devil May Cry 4 DX10 

Faulting application name: DevilMayCry4_DX10.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4833a9eb
Faulting module name: d3d11.dll, version: 6.2.9200.16570, time stamp: 0x5153774d
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000a5176
Faulting process id: 0x1558
Faulting application start time: 0x01ce8e2267e38af4
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Devil May Cry 4\DevilMayCry4_DX10.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\d3d11.dll
Report Id: b098b5b9-fa15-11e2-b737-d43d7e576354

What's your old card? Tried that again?

Any crash logs to investigate? Maybe the event viewer can give some insight to what happens just before things crash.

Posted event viewer results for two of the games that are having the issue(6 of them in total), my old cards were MSI GTX460 Hawks in SLI, i will reinstall one of them tonight after work at let you know what happens.

0xc0000005 is an access violation... I think without googling. All from hardware memory problems to all kinds of software/driver problems can cause that.

Have you got any antivirus software you can disable while testing? Software running in the background can cause this... including things like special network or sound drivers. Can be really any two things that are not compatible in some way and conflicting.

Thank you XDLGx and Godlygamer23 for trying help, people like you is what makes this forums awesome.  I found the solution on a Steam post seems Windows Update KB2670838 was the problem, once i uninstalled it i have no problem at all running any DX10 game and big relief that my new $450 gpu is perfectly fine i just wanted to make sure before ordering the water block for it :D ty again. 

So uninstalling an update fixed it, that's interesting. Good job Microsoft.

At least it was "just" incompatible software then. Glad you got it sorted and hopefully Windows Update won't download the update and install it in the background :P