i just bought an adapter display port to HDMI and it isnt working on my PS4?

saiftech
Go to solution Solved by o0Martin,

well im sorry but its hard to believe when everyone is saying yes and no yes,no,yes,no,yes,no!

i didnt know who to believe! so i just thought of trying my luck and seeing if it would work and i gues you were right, it doesnt work

Well the cable you brought didn't cost too much right? So I guess it doesn't matter too much (Maybe you can even try to return it if you want), and you're building your new PC soon anyway? 

If you have a spare monitor/TV anywhere in your house just try using that for you PS4 until you build your PC I guess 

But yeah it's annoying and confusing when people give different answers, it's because people know DP to HDMI works so they assume it'll work in reverse  :wacko:

when i pluged my displayport cable to my monitor and the HDMI which to my ps4 it wont work it says 'no signal'? what could be the cause of this? what can i do to fix it i tried to press every button on the asus rog swift monitor and nothing is happing?

my cable look is diffrent

its white and its long and the head of the cable is the displayport while the other head is the hdmi? how do i get it to connect?

You may need an active HDMI>DP adapter, not a passive one.

when i pluged my displayport cable to my monitor and the HDMI which to my ps4 it wont work it says 'no signal'? what could be the cause of this? what can i do to fix it i tried to press every button on the asus rog swift monitor and nothing is happing?

my cable look is diffrent

its white and its long and the head of the cable is the displayport while the other head is the hdmi? how do i get it to connect?

I told you on multiple threads that it wouldn't work, and I told you why it wouldn't and not to buy the cable:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/411914-will-my-asus-rog-swift-monitor-work-with-ps4-if-i-used-this-adapter/#entry5543914

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/412722-will-the-asus-rog-swift-monitor-work-with-a-ps4-with-an-adapter-or-not/#entry5553716

Didn't you make like 2/3 other threads about this? 

To put it simply as I can:

DisplayPort is unique to other connectors because the output is 'powered', meaning, if you were to connect a laptop with a DisplayPort, to a monitor with just HDMI it would work fine. 

HOWEVER, this does NOT work in reverse. You CANNOT use say a HDMI output from your PS4, and then plug it into a DisplayPort input. That will not work. The only way to get that working is to use an active powered converter which will run you like £50-100, and must be connected to a form of power, which could be USB, or directly to the wall. 

So the normal DisplayPort to HDMI cable you purchased wont work with your PS4 to your Display. Not without something like the thing I linked

The only exception to this that I know of is Thunderbolt to Displayport. 

i5 4690k | GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | 16GB RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | NZXT Kraken X61 | 850 EVO 250GB x2  | 1TB 850 Evo NZXT Noctis 450 | EVGA 750W 80+ Gold

Ducky Shine 3 TKL (Browns) | LG 34UC87C | Logitech MX Master ATH-M50x's + DT990 Pro's 

well im sorry but its hard to believe when everyone is saying yes and no yes,no,yes,no,yes,no!

i didnt know who to believe! so i just thought of trying my luck and seeing if it would work and i gues you were right, it doesnt work

Well the cable you brought didn't cost too much right? So I guess it doesn't matter too much (Maybe you can even try to return it if you want), and you're building your new PC soon anyway? 

If you have a spare monitor/TV anywhere in your house just try using that for you PS4 until you build your PC I guess 

But yeah it's annoying and confusing when people give different answers, it's because people know DP to HDMI works so they assume it'll work in reverse  :wacko:

i5 4690k | GTX 980Ti G1 Gaming | 16GB RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 | NZXT Kraken X61 | 850 EVO 250GB x2  | 1TB 850 Evo NZXT Noctis 450 | EVGA 750W 80+ Gold

Ducky Shine 3 TKL (Browns) | LG 34UC87C | Logitech MX Master ATH-M50x's + DT990 Pro's 

it costed me like 25 bucks plus shipping but the guy agreed to return it but still sucks that i had to pay the 5 dollar shipping cost but whatever

and ya im gettng my pc soon but still wish that i can play Last of Us on my monitor i would of loved to test the 1ms my last one was 8ms so i would of loved to test it sadly turns out you have to pay a cable which cost like 50-100 dollars! to get the job done so forget that!

but thanks for helping me : )