Sadness of not being in the continent of North America

Ginga_NZ

So I've been looking at getting a good pc for a while now, had been tossing up between 8359 and 3770k but now with haswell and all the added features on some of those newer motherboards I nearly decide to go with that.

So there is a little background but here is the thing I priced up the parts 4770k, asus hero, 16gb Kingston hyperx beast, 7970, 256gb Samsung 840 SSD. I planned on buying this and then adding extras like additional hdd for media storage ect in the future, also would love to set up a custom cooling loop.

The thing is this build would cost about $2600 NZD, then out of pure curiosity I went NCIX and selected the same parts the total there $1700NZD. I don't even want to look at the saving I'd be able to make on the water cooling parts I wanted which here off the top of my head from memory was around $1000NZD for the CPU block, video card block, a 420mm rad, hosing, pump, res, and fittings.

So this is more a rant than anything else, but maybe you guys could share your thoughts or maybe give some insight to this crazy price hike. Have pretty decided it'll be worth the time and wait to have the parts shipped to my cousin who lives in the U.S and have him ship it to me as I don't see that costing $900NZD, but I'm less sure it'd be worth it for the water cooling which I guess might be heavier.

I hope the New Zealand dollar thing makes it clear where I live.

Oh Target, you so funny.

So I've been looking at getting a good pc for a while now, had been tossing up between 8359 and 3770k but now with haswell and all the added features on some of those newer motherboards I nearly decide to go with that.

So there is a little background but here is the thing I priced up the parts 4770k, asus hero, 16gb Kingston hyperx beast, 7970, 256gb Samsung 840 SSD. I planned on buying this and then adding extras like additional hdd for media storage ect in the future, also would love to set up a custom cooling loop.

The thing is this build would cost about $2600 NZD, then out of pure curiosity I went NCIX and selected the same parts the total there $1700NZD. I don't even want to look at the saving I'd be able to make on the water cooling parts I wanted which here off the top of my head from memory was around $1000NZD for the CPU block, video card block, a 420mm rad, hosing, pump, res, and fittings.

So this is more a rant than anything else, but maybe you guys could share your thoughts or maybe give some insight to this crazy price hike. Have pretty decided it'll be worth the time and wait to have the parts shipped to my cousin who lives in the U.S and have him ship it to me as I don't see that costing $900NZD, but I'm less sure it'd be worth it for the water cooling which I guess might be heavier.

That's why having a FS/FT section on this forum would be so nice. Everyone in the states would buy parts at a cheap price, ship it internationally to people who need it for the price of the part+shipping+import costs+taxes+10%profit, which would save international consumers get parts cheaper, and make the US shippers rich.  :D

That's why having a FS/FT section on this forum would be so nice. Everyone in the states would buy parts at a cheap price, ship it internationally to people who need it for the price of the part+shipping+import costs+taxes+10%profit, which would save international consumers get parts cheaper, and make the US shippers rich.  :D

Hey what about the Canadians? Even though every fricken computer component in the US online is $20 more in Canada. And to answer the question, I would just buy from your country because you risk the chance of your components being damaged during shipping. And trust me this is more likely to happen then you think, my dad use to work at UPS the things he saw were not satisfying.

Hey what about the Canadians? Even though every fricken computer component in the US online is $20 more in Canada. And to answer the question, I would just buy from your country because you risk the chance of your components being damaged during shipping. And trust me this is more likely to happen then you think, my dad use to work at UPS the things he saw were not satisfying.

Twenty dollars? I am talking a price of $900 for a CPU, mobo, ram, video card and SSD, nearly an average of $150 for each part.

I still think getting it shipped across will be better, I will make sure to pay for insurance, then the worst that can happen is being angry I have to wait longer. I am only purchasing parts which should be able to handle a little bit of a tumble. The monitor and additional HDD I won't bother having shipped, as I wouldn't bother with cases due to the weight.