Razer Blade (14) 2015 or Aorus X5

Hey,

Im planning on buying an new gaming laptop but I'm struggling on one.. Im a High School student and will be using this for school and also home gaming. I do not have a desktop for gaming (Do not ask why). Im looking forward on running Battle field 4, Gta 5, Pay Day 2, CoD, Skyrim, Witcher 2 and other game like that. Im judging this by its performance on this games. Im concerned on the keyboard that the Aorus is using and is it bad? I also saw some reviews on the screen being to thin that it bends and it being to weak.

Thank you,

A.j.

For pure raw power your money is better spent on a desktop but since you want a gaming laptop I would go with the aorus x5.

You said you're using this for school and then home gaming. Will you absolutely need to game or have a lot of power on the go? I have a fairly weak MacBook Air that I use at college and a gaming rig at home that works wonderfully for me, because the MacBook is used for web browsing and schoolwork only.

If you don't need the power on the go you're better off building a gaming rig and then buying a cheaper notebook for school work. If all you're going to be doing regarding school is taking notes and writing up MS Office projects you're better off going that route, IMO.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

You said you're using this for school and then home gaming. Will you absolutely need to game or have a lot of power on the go? I have a fairly weak MacBook Air that I use at college and a gaming rig at home that works wonderfully for me, because the MacBook is used for web browsing and schoolwork only.

If you don't need the power on the go you're better off building a gaming rig and then buying a cheaper notebook for school work. If all you're going to be doing regarding school is taking notes and writing up MS Office projects you're better off going that route, IMO.

I will actually be building up a rig but not now, and yes I'm looking for gaming on the go.

Hey,

Im planning on buying an new gaming laptop but I'm struggling on one.. Im a High School student and will be using this for school and also home gaming. I do not have a desktop for gaming (Do not ask why). Im looking forward on running Battle field 4, Gta 5, Pay Day 2, CoD, Skyrim, Witcher 2 and other game like that. Im judging this by its performance on this games. Im concerned on the keyboard that the Aorus is using and is it bad? I also saw some reviews on the screen being to thin that it bends and it being to weak.

Thank you,

A.j.

I'd also vote for X5. quite a huge performance gap between the two....

besides, how are you gonna fit all that games into the tiny storage from Razer Blade 14?

CPU: i7-4770K @4.5GHz, MB: GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-UD5H, RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 1866MHz 8G x2, GPU: GIGABYTE GV-N970G1 GAMING-4GD.

Case:  NZXT H440 (white), Storage: Liteon 256GB M.2 SSD + Liteon 240GB 2.5" SSD + Hitachi 1TB x2 (RAID 1), PSU: 750W SilverStone, Cooling: NZXT Kraken X61.

Monitor: BenQ EW2440L *2, Mouse: Razer DA Chroma, Razer Orochi, AORUS M7, KB: Corsair K70 RGB, KBT RACE II, Razer BW Chroma, Razer Orbweaver Headset: AKG K512, Steelseries H Wireless

I'd also vote for X5. quite a huge performance gap between the two....

besides, how are you gonna fit all that games into the tiny storage from Razer Blade 14?

Great point, but currently i have around 226 gb of games on my laptop. Going for the 512 gb version for sure, Thank you.

snip

http://www.sagernotebook.com/Notebook-NP8652-S.html

Check this machine out. This is based on the Clevo P650SG and has features like a 980M, 3 cooling fans, a quad-core mobile CPU, 2 M.2 SSD slots with one being a M.2 PCIe 4x slot for SSDs like the Samsung SM951, 2 SATA slots, 4 RAM slots, and comes in about 2.5kg which is just slightly heavier than the Aorus (correct me if I am wrong) and about 28.8mm thick. 

I have this machine and I carry it to and fro to school everyday. I love the keyboard of this machine. The only downside is the brushed metal surface.

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

Samsung Galaxy S8 | Stock

Ticwatch E (Black) | Ticwatch Brown Leather Strap