Surface Pro or No

C.G.F.Sabre

I am looking to a Surface pro but it is a bit pricy and I was wondering if there are any other good options. ps I plan to do lite gaming.

Surface No.

Just not really that great. They are alright, but I haven't seen one exceed my expectations.

KILLING IS HIS BUSINESS...

AND BUSINESS

IS GOOD!

I am looking to a Surface pro but it is a bit pricy and I was wondering if there are any other good options. ps I plan to do lite gaming.

What kind of gaming? What games? What is your budget? Do you need 8.1 Pro? Will a Surface 3 cut it for you?

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

What is the point of the surface pro? Are you looking for a tablet or something like an ultrabook (ultra light compact notebook). Is the point battery life or did you want something with more oomph performance wise. 

Details are important.

I own the Surface Pro 2. I have to say, you can game on it. Is it the best gaming device? No. You will have issues with storage, USB port space, heat. I purchase the Pro 2 because I always use a tablet before bed, and wanted something I could use as a laptop plus in bed for watching YT videos or whatever else. I would NOT purchase this if you just plan to use it as a laptop.

blackshades on

What kind of gaming? What games? What is your budget? Do you need 8.1 Pro? Will a Surface 3 cut it for you?

If hes going to be doing gaming the Atom will not cut it. He should be looking for a pro model with full windows 8 none of that RT crap. If you get one with an i5 3rd or 4th gem light gaming will be possible maybe(?). There could be heating and throttling issues. 

Consume The Darkness

If hes going to be doing gaming the Atom will not cut it. He should be looking for a pro model with full windows 8 none of that RT crap. If you get one with an i5 3rd or 4th gem light gaming will be possible maybe(?). There could be heating and throttling issues.

A surface 3 has full Windows 8.1 Core and can run Win32 applications. And gaming performance will be limited by the GPU. That is why I asked what kind of gaming.

like hearthstone,civ,and maybe some minecraft, To be honest I don't know the advintages of 8.1 pro and that is why I am asking.

What is the point of the surface pro? Are you looking for a tablet or something like an ultrabook (ultra light compact notebook). Is the point battery life or did you want something with more oomph performance wise. 

Details are important.

Well I kinda want the tablet pc style computer.

I own the Surface Pro 2. I have to say, you can game on it. Is it the best gaming device? No. You will have issues with storage, USB port space, heat. I purchase the Pro 2 because I always use a tablet before bed, and wanted something I could use as a laptop plus in bed for watching YT videos or whatever else. I would NOT purchase this if you just plan to use it as a laptop.

yeah I want it to use as a tablet and a laptop.

like hearthstone,civ,and maybe some minecraft, To be honest I don't know the advintages of 8.1 pro and that is why I am asking.

Do the words Active Directory, Hyper-V, VHD booting or BitLocker mean anything to you? Then you don't need Windows 8.1 Pro. Full list of added features can be found at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_8_editions

For these games, I honestly don't know how much CPU they need. Hearthstone can run on iPhones, so that will probably run fine on Surface 3's CPU. Not sure about others though.

Well I kinda want the tablet pc style computer.

You might check out the t300 chi transformer by asus.

A surface 3 has full Windows 8.1 Core and can run Win32 applications. And gaming performance will be limited by the GPU. That is why I asked what kind of gaming.

Yah but no matter how you look at it the Atom that powers the non pro surface 3's isnt going tp cut it 

Consume The Darkness