Win 10 Dilemma

nicon

Hello!

OK, so I installed Windows 8. 1 a little while ago after having a long debate with myself on whether Win 10 tech prev. was worth it. I decided no because I didn't want the hassle of drivers and other things. I am away from my pc now, but I'll be back in the 27th, 2 days before the Win 10 release.

Everything says I should get a free upgrade, but I don't have the little button thingy. I called my dad and he said he got it ages ago, so I was worried.

Here is my game plan, please tell me if it sounds good.

1. See if Win 10 install is there

2. If it is, reserve and wait - or update to an RTM iso and get updated to full version from there

3. If it isn't, try using the trick/command prompt thing to try to force it- or update to an RTM iso and get updated to full version from there.

I also don't know of if updating to the RTM will activate it from my Win 8.1 license. I am a little worried about what to do. I definitely want Win 10 eventually and definitely as a FREE upgrade.

I also know that MS stopped the activation of Insider preview ISOs. I'd have to wait with an un-activated os of find another way to temp. activate it. I heard about this thing called KMSPico that might let me update to the Full edition from the RTM once it comes out.

Thanks.

I'm kinda stressed. [emoji15]

yeah, build my systema w hile ago, installed w7 on it and was looking for the flag, which wasn't there obviously.

So my bet is that you need a update which is noted as not required, altough i don't know which one.

still looking for the right version myself, pretty stress full considering that they where pushing it.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

why are you so worried your going to get windows 10 anyway. ITS FREE !

My Personal PC 'Apex' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/LiamBetts123/saved/3rTNnQ

Intel Core i9 9900k, ASUS Z390-A, RTX 2080TI, Meshify C, HX 850i, 32GB Gskill Trident Z RGB @ 3200MHZ, 500GB NVME, 500GB SSD & 2 x 4TB Baracudas 

Check if the update is there with this script, https://www.dropbox.com/s/0u0au9xgy6ss18p/win10fix_full.zip?dl=0 then with the same script force install the get windows 10 app. Send me a screenshot of the script when it is opened.

OK, this was the forcing thing I talked about. I get back home in 1w so I'll dm you a screenshot then. How long after the release of the full version so you have to reserve? I just don't want to miss out.

OK, this was the forcing thing I talked about. I get back home in 1w so I'll dm you a screenshot then. How long after the release of the full version so you have to reserve? I just don't want to miss out.

Try it a soon as possible, send me a screenshot before you do anything, then I will help you form there.

Try it a soon as possible, send me a screenshot before you do anything, then I will help you form there.

Thanks a lot, I'll send you it when I get home in 1w. [emoji1] My mobo has this thing where I can control my pc remotely, but I haven't set it up yet. If I had I'd try the script right now.

AFAIK it's not free unless you register using the little Windows button.

its free for the first year the windows button is a reservation. 

My Personal PC 'Apex' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/LiamBetts123/saved/3rTNnQ

Intel Core i9 9900k, ASUS Z390-A, RTX 2080TI, Meshify C, HX 850i, 32GB Gskill Trident Z RGB @ 3200MHZ, 500GB NVME, 500GB SSD & 2 x 4TB Baracudas 

AFAIK it's not free unless you register using the little Windows button.

your misinformed 

Nope that is the only way you can upgrade.

yes but he thought if you didnt have that you had to pay. 

Oh so you only have to pay if you buy the actual "disk" or flash drive from Microsoft to do a clean install? Neat!

So I guess I have a pretty long grace period between when the full version is release and when I install it. Cool, good to know.

I beleive the free upgrade is open till the end of 2016, I was just open at the end of next week, BTW can we talk via email?

I beleive the free upgrade is open till the end of 2016, I was just open at the end of next week, BTW can we talk via email?

Yeah you're right about the 2016 thing,i just looked it up. I'm downloading the RTM ISO onto my laptop (off of the world's slowest hotel wifi) just in case I need it later

Direct message would be better, as I don't like to throw my email around on public forums.

Anyways, where I am right now it's super late so I think I should prob. get some sleep.

Yeah you're right about the 2016 thing,i just looked it up. I'm downloading the RTM ISO onto my laptop (off of the world's slowest hotel wifi) just in case I need it later

Direct message would be better, as I don't like to throw my email around on public forums.

Anyways, where I am right now it's super late so I think I should prob. get some sleep.

Hi are you available now to talk?