Is there a better ADSL router for around $100? (I won't connect more than 3 devices at once BTW)

Dabombinable

So far over the last 6 months or so my Technicolor tg797n v3 which was supplied by my ISP has been nothing but trouble. I've had it constantly lose internet connection, overheating and refuse to turn on several time when I've restarted it. Pretty much as the title says, and I'm in Australia.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

So far over the last 6 months or so my Technicolor tg797n v3 which was supplied by my ISP has been nothing but trouble. I've had it constantly lose internet connection, overheating and refuse to turn on several time when I've restarted it. Pretty much as the title says, and I'm in Australia.

What is your ISP Speed? ADSL generally maxes out at around 16 to 24 Mbps download.

In any case, you don't need to spend $100 on an ADSL modem. Good ones can be had for like $30 USD.

Granted, I have no idea where you're gonna buy these in Aussie-land, but here are some model numbers you can look up at your preferred electronics retailer (online or in-store):

Standalone ADSL2+ modem (Requires separate router if you want WIFI and/or more than one PC connected) - $25 USD:

http://www.amazon.com/TD-8616-Downstream-Bandwidth-Lightning-Protection/dp/B0034JSYZ2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1437287579&sr=8-1&keywords=adsl+modem

Wireless N WIFI Router/ADSL2+ modem - $75 USD:

http://www.amazon.com/TP-LINK-TD-W8980-Wireless-Gigabit-Compatible/dp/B00C4OANW0/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1437287579&sr=8-3&keywords=adsl+modem

No idea what your pricing will be like locally. You live in Australia, so expect to pay more :P

And just an FYI, Modem and Router are different things. They can often be the same device, if it's a Modem/Gateway combo device (A Router that includes a Modem), but you need to specify which you need.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

What is your ISP Speed? ADSL generally maxes out at around 16 to 24 Mbps download.

In any case, you don't need to spend $100 on an ADSL modem. Good ones can be had for like $30 USD.

Granted, I have no idea where you're gonna buy these in Aussie-land, but here are some model numbers you can look up at your preferred electronics retailer (online or in-store):

Standalone ADSL2+ modem (Requires separate router if you want WIFI and/or more than one PC connected) - $25 USD:

http://www.amazon.com/TD-8616-Downstream-Bandwidth-Lightning-Protection/dp/B0034JSYZ2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1437287579&sr=8-1&keywords=adsl+modem

Wireless N WIFI Router/ADSL2+ modem - $75 USD:

http://www.amazon.com/TP-LINK-TD-W8980-Wireless-Gigabit-Compatible/dp/B00C4OANW0/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1437287579&sr=8-3&keywords=adsl+modem

No idea what your pricing will be like locally. You live in Australia, so expect to pay more :P

And just an FYI, Modem and Router are different things. They can often be the same device, if it's a Modem/Gateway combo device (A Router that includes a Modem), but you need to specify which you need.

My quoted maximum internet speed is 20Mbps, with around 15Mbps being normal.

The TP-Link router seems quite good, and it means I can use 5GHz with the wireless cards in both of my desktops.

Edit: I also might finally be able to set up IPv6 as well.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL