CS: GO worth it?

SwagNite

I've played less than 5 games of casual and I have 600-700 hours, rank GNM  \_(ツ)_/

i play casual for shits and giggles with a scout and deagle lol. 350 hours-ish and gnm.

get on mi level m80

jk ily

DUDE play the custom zombie escape maps! skyrim, final fantasy, harry potter, lord of the rings and so many more its so amazing . the modding community is awesome

I am not a fan of any counter strike series. How is the community there? Are there hackers? Is it noob friebdly?

Are you saying you have played some of the other games and didn't like them? Or you haven't played them?

If you have played the other games, don't bother.

If you haven't, I definitely recommend it. It's certainly an interesting experience going from CoD to CS:GO. CoD just seems crap now, especially since I have both CS:GO and BF4 (picked it up the other day, holy shit it's awesome). 

CS:GO is unlike any game I have ever played. The amount of skill required to be competitive is mind blowing.

However, all that said, it is not n00b friendly. Not even slightly. If there was any game on par with how unfriendly it is to new players, it would have to be Arma II (I cannot get my head around it).

All that said, I would definitely recommend it. You can pick it up for relatively cheap on G2A.

Incipere V5.0

Spoiler

CPU | i7-4790k | GPU | Nvidia GTX Titan X | Motherboard | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | Memory | 2x8GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 G2 | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + Toshiba 3TB | Case | Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 | CPU Cooler | Noctua NH-D15

Parvulus V1.0

Spoiler

CPU | i5-4690k | GPU | Zotac GTX 960 | Motherboard | ASRock Z97M-ITX/ac | Memory | 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 1600MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 GS | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + WD 1TB Blue 2.5" | Case | Silverstone Sugo SG13

If you want to join a group chat of like-minded techies, gaming, and all things dank, join our Discord group. Message me or get into contact with Galaxy. http://linustechtips.com/main/user/107351-gaiaxy/

A lot of people here don't play on community servers it seems.

Community severs have tons of friendly people, it's the matchmaking community that sucks.

I'd get it on a sale and start playing Zombie Survival/Escape and Surf maps, tons of fun to be had.

I am not a fan of any counter strike series. How is the community there? Are there hackers? Is it noob friebdly?

• Community is absolute trollish and cancer
  • Very yes
  • Hell no

Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Steam | Twitch | YT | Build

I dont understand why everyone says community is cancer. ( im in europe so i know my russians)

Sure there are assholes but in general if you are nice no one will be a dickhead to you, thats my personal experience so if you think the community is cancer, you're probably a part of it.

90% of the time theres no reason to insult someone in game, you ll rage, they ll rage, you ll play worse and you ll get angry, and then you ll be cancer

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

Steep learning curve, $15 game, $2000 skins, no real hackers because of valves servers, kinda noon friendly.

Python/C# Programming

Code to learn, don't learn to code. -Napalm

made by the same company ;)

Is it? Damn, that's why I see a lot of similarities :3

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

I have actually had some good game in casual lately, I think a lot of it is because of the steam sale bribing in new people that are just having some fun.

community: mostly toxic Russians that don't speak English and don't actually know how to play but blame their team for all the failures

hackers: they do exist but most of the time you think someone is hacking they are just smurfing

noob friendly?: nope (see "community")

most things get better after silver and gold nova but then start to get worse again

the only reason to play the game is if you like the skill based copetitive FPS and cases... lots and lots of cases

I am also looking at getting this, only reason is, because its SO popular and I do like a good FPS, so I kind of want to see what the fuss is all about, but for the life of me can not see why its so popular, if you get my meaning.

graphics looks very dated and its just seems very basic, now I watched yesterday on twitch the finals of CSGO and it did look fun, I guess unless I play it I wont get it.