Windows 10 compatibility - Asus p8z77-v

My motherboard is a Asus p8z77-v and was wondering if it's gonna support windows 10?

I have already contacted Asus, but they said, that right now it doesn't seem to be updated for windows 10.

So my question is will the motherboard and computer be stable, when the manufacturer haven't updated their drivers to support windows 10?

Thanks in advance 

My 10 year old athalon x2 machine runs windows 10 so yes you are fine

Laptop: Thinkpad W520 i7 2720QM 24GB RAM 1920x1080 2x SSDs Main Rig: 4790k 12GB Hyperx Beast Zotac 980ti AMP! Fractal Define S (window) RM850 Noctua NH-D15 EVGA Z97 FTW with 3 1080P 144hz monitors from Asus Secondary: i5 6600K, R9 390 STRIX, 16GB DDR4, Acer Predator 144Hz 1440P

As Centos 7 SU once said: With great power comes great responsibility.

Just use the Windows 8 drivers. I did the same putting Windows 8 on my netbook (just with the Windows 7 drivers), and it worked fine.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (9TB partition for general storage + 2TB partition for dumping ground), 4x 8TB WD White Label/Red (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

OptiPlex 7040M

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700, 2x16GB Mushkin Redline (stuck at 2133MHz CL13), 240GB Corsair MP510, 130w Dell power brick, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone with z77 boards that can comment on their experiences or on Asus p8z77-v specifically 

I don't have the specific board but my upgrade went flawless and windows 10 even manages to start quicker than 8.1 so you'll be fine I think. If you're not sure make a back up of your current drive. That way, if there are any problems you can just downgrade.

| GPU: MSI GTX 970 | CPU: Intel i5 4460 | PSU: Sharkoon 500Watt 80-plus semi-modular | RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 1600 2x4GB |

Sorry, I was hoping to be contributing.  They're updating that list as the drivers come out, so I hope it's just a matter of time.

Sorry, I was hoping to be contributing.  They're updating that list as the drivers come out, so I hope it's just a matter of time.

Thanks anyway :)

• 3 weeks later...

yes iv got this bored got ready for windows 10 ad problems with sound driver and black screen on load up, so yes few problems so at to go back to windows 7 whats a right pain, so you could say what a waist of money buying this bored now im stuck with no windows 10. :-) 

Thanks and none of you have experienced any problems/bugs?

A few. Nothing crippling, though.

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar  /  Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

I have two P8z77-v Deluxes and the onboard sound will not work with Windows 10.  Other that that, everything seems OK.  I have tried compatability drivers to no avail.

I have two P8z77-v Deluxes and the onboard sound will not work with Windows 10.  Other that that, everything seems OK.  I have tried compatability drivers to no avail.

I had no issues using the latest drivers from Realtek,

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/

• 2 weeks later...

Go into the realtek audio manager, switch speaker configuration to 7.1, for some reason "stereo" didn't work for me.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, i have experienced black and white blinking screen on bootup and it disappears by turning pc off and turning it on again using the power button on the case 

• 2 months later...

Windows 10 installs and runs okay on my P8Z77-V Pro except for one show stopping, absolutely glaring, extremely annoying-to-troubleshoot issue that took about 7 hours of sluething to figure out.

I cannot perform windows updates over the ethernet connection. I've had similarly odd issues SENDING emails via Gmail's website. I've updated my bios to the newest revision and also updated the intel drivers for the Intel 82579V controller that comes on these main boards... all to no avail. The only way to work around this issue at this present time is to use the wireless adapter built into the motherboard (which gladly works without installing extra drivers).

Windows updates would always time out with error code: 0x8024401c

Gmail would also always time out when sending emails

This puts a serious damper on any online gaming because of the unreliable wireless latency / dropped packets. I might go back to windows 7 until asus puts out an update - but I'm not holding my breath for that either.

I can't comment on the audio issues as I use a Xonar DG with the unified drivers (and they work well!).

hopefully I can save some other people a bit of headache by sharing this here.

I have a custom made gaming machine that has the Asus P8z77-v Deluxe mother board.  After multiple attempts and about 20 hours of time invested I could not get 10 to install.  It failed during the first safe boot.  I tried: removing all but the boot drive, removing all usb devices I didn't need, disabling and services that was not MS, downloading 10 and booting the install from usb, etc. etc.  

I suspicious that ASUS does not include this MB on it's 10 compatibility list.  I would appreciate advice from anyone who has installed on this mother board contributing the secret (if there is one).  

• 1 month later...