Windows 7 wont install.

Demonhax
Go to solution Solved by dalekphalm,

i got 2 cd's with windows on them. both of them is cracked tho. but only with one of them i got that message of the driver. the other one worked. but i know that the one that i got working now didn't work properly before. It's expanding windows files now. but if i remember correctly it stoped at some point with it and wouldn't work. 

But since one worked sort of. is the other one borken or bad cracked or something?

Literally impossible for us to say. I highly HIGHLY do not recommend cracked Windows ISO's. Who knows what's been slipstreamed into Windows? What's been cracked? What security may or may not be compromised.

One of the DVD's may be an older cracked copy that simply lacks the SATA drivers your motherboard needs, while the 2nd one is a newer copy. Or perhaps one is a custom ISO with SATA drivers removed on purpose.

There is absolutely no way for us to know for certain.

So i have a hdd from my school pc. I deletet evrything on the disk, and booted from the dvd player with a windows cd in it. Heres the message i keep getting. post-33571-0-43346600-1437236066.jpgpost-33571-0-14187300-1437236073_thumb.j

Anyone?

Are you trying to install drivers?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Are you trying to install drivers?

No, trying to install windows on a empty hard drive

What installation type are you performing?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

are you installing through USB 3.0?

CPU: i7-4770K @4.5GHz, MB: GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-UD5H, RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 1866MHz 8G x2, GPU: GIGABYTE GV-N970G1 GAMING-4GD.

Case:  NZXT H440 (white), Storage: Liteon 256GB M.2 SSD + Liteon 240GB 2.5" SSD + Hitachi 1TB x2 (RAID 1), PSU: 750W SilverStone, Cooling: NZXT Kraken X61.

Monitor: BenQ EW2440L *2, Mouse: Razer DA Chroma, Razer Orochi, AORUS M7, KB: Corsair K70 RGB, KBT RACE II, Razer BW Chroma, Razer Orbweaver Headset: AKG K512, Steelseries H Wireless

What installation type are you performing?

what do u mean by Installation type?  

I got a cd from a friend of me used to intall windows on his hard drive. 

All i have done is put the disk in the dvd player and booted from that. 

post-33571-0-40655100-1437236769.jpg

post-33571-0-40655100-1437236769.jpg

You likely need to download the SATA drivers for that motherboard to a USB stick. The drivers may be zipped or in a self-extracting EXE. You'll have to download them to another PC first, then see what form the drivers are in. You'll want to extract the actual DLL driver files (If it's a zip, just extract the zip file to a folder, if it's an EXE, you'll have to run the EXE, which will likely then extract the uncompressed drivers to a folder on the C: drive).

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

what do u mean by Installation type?  

I got a cd from a friend of me used to intall windows on his hard drive. 

All i have done is put the disk in the dvd player and booted from that. 

You can pick Upgrade and Custom - there may be a third option but I can't remember.

You can pick Upgrade and Custom - there may be a third option but I can't remember.

Where do i pick that? 

This is a cracked windows i think.

Where do i pick that? 

If it's cracked, then that's another issue.

You likely need to download the SATA drivers for that motherboard to a USB stick. The drivers may be zipped or in a self-extracting EXE. You'll have to download them to another PC first, then see what form the drivers are in. You'll want to extract the actual DLL driver files (If it's a zip, just extract the zip file to a folder, if it's an EXE, you'll have to run the EXE, which will likely then extract the uncompressed drivers to a folder on the C: drive).

Where do i find the SATA Drivers? https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P7P55DE/ 

But do i just stick the USB with the driver in to the computer and boot from the usb or? 

If it's cracked, then that's another issue.

But shouldn't it work on mine if it worked on my friends hard drive?

Where do i pick that? 

If the DVD is cracked, then we can't help you. There's literally no way to confirm whether the ISO has been tampered with, has install issues, is buggy, broken, etc.

You need to find a legit retail or OEM Windows 7 ISO, and install using the product key sticker that should be on the case of your computer.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Where do i find the SATA Drivers? https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P7P55DE/ 

But do i just stick the USB with the driver in to the computer and boot from the usb or? 

This should be it:

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/misc/sata/Marvell9123-9120_V1001042_XpVistaWin7.zip

Extract that zip file to a folder on a USB stick.

THEN boot from your Windows 7 DVD.

When it says no disk detected, hit the "browse" button, and navigate to the USB. You'll find what you need in the following folder:

\Marvell9123-9120_V1001042_XpVistaWin7\Marvell9123&9120_V1001042_XpVistaWin7\Driver\Disk\Floppy64\

At least, that should be it. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

If the DVD is cracked, then we can't help you. There's literally no way to confirm whether the ISO has been tampered with, has install issues, is buggy, broken, etc.

You need to find a legit retail or OEM Windows 7 ISO, and install using the product key sticker that should be on the case of your computer.

i got 2 cd's with windows on them. both of them is cracked tho. but only with one of them i got that message of the driver. the other one worked. but i know that the one that i got working now didn't work properly before. It's expanding windows files now. but if i remember correctly it stoped at some point with it and wouldn't work. 

But since one worked sort of. is the other one borken or bad cracked or something?

Literally impossible for us to say. I highly HIGHLY do not recommend cracked Windows ISO's. Who knows what's been slipstreamed into Windows? What's been cracked? What security may or may not be compromised.

One of the DVD's may be an older cracked copy that simply lacks the SATA drivers your motherboard needs, while the 2nd one is a newer copy. Or perhaps one is a custom ISO with SATA drivers removed on purpose.

Yeah, ok, Thank you! :)