Server Power Cable!

Rektagon

So today my used dell power edge 1950 that I bought arrived at my house! Upon further inspection I found out that in there was NO POWER CABLE!!!! So the first thing I did was to pull out both power supplies and look at what voltage they took and they take 100-120 volts but I went to dell's website and they have a replacement power cable that used 125 volts!!! So do I buy it and use dell's replacement power cable or do I get an off brand power cable that uses 120 volts? Plz help me ASAP! I want to get this server running ASAP!

So today my used dell power edge 1950 that I bought arrived at my house! Upon further inspection I found out that in there was NO POWER CABLE!!!! So the first thing I did was to pull out both power supplies and look at what voltage they took and they take 100-120 volts but I went to dell's website and they have a replacement power cable that used 125 volts!!! So do I buy it and use dell's replacement power cable or do I get an off brand power cable that uses 120 volts? Plz help me ASAP! I want to get this server running ASAP!

We have two of them at work and we use just standard kettle plugs.

\

We have two of them at work and we use just standard kettle plugs.

But will that hurt the server if I use something more than 120v?

Just make sure the cable is a standard plug that works and of sufficient gauge to handle to load. Most power cables theses days are either 18AWG or 16AWG.

It should be fine. The PSU itself will determine how much draw is coming through the cable. The cable is just "rated" to a voltage of 125V, but could run at any voltage lower then that.

All it means is that the cable has wires that are a specific wire gauge that can handle 125V of power.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

A standard ATX a power cable is the same as ANY OTHER ATX power cable.

The exception is if it uses a C-19 plug instead of the normal one that 99.99999% of computers/monitors have used since computers existed.

C-19 are used in SOME server applications and I have seen a couple old Dell XPS systems with them.

http://www.apc.com/products/resource/include/techspec_index.cfm?base_sku=AP9877

When in doubt, re-format.

We use the 220V system, the PSU's determine what is drawn from the wall.

\

Yes! I thank all of you! I found a 125v 10a kettle plug in my wirebox and its works like a charm! Again I can't thank you guys enough!