PSU issue?

Lustist

Hi guys

I am trying to play Final fantasy 14 online and within 5mins or so, maybe 30mins if I'm lucky my computer just shuts off and starts itself again. I get no warning at all just a black screen, not blue.

I'm currently running dual monitors and my specs are:

GTX 750 Ti

Corsair 650w  (not sure what model)

16G Kingston HyperX 

ASRock Z77 Extreme4-m 

I recently upgraded my ram (yesterday lol) thinking that this was the issue, but it still died on me.

I first noticed this happening when I have Netflix and FF14 at the same time, then I just ran FF14 by itself and this issue still occurs.

Any tips or anything?

I would really like to use my dual monitors for netflix and ff14 :(

Thanks, Henry

Go into Event Manager/Viewer and on system find any red points and type in what they are to us.

| CPU: AMD FX 8350 + H100i | GPU: AMD R9 290X + NZXT Kraken | RAM: HyperX Beast 2033 16GB | PSU: EVGA G2 | MOBO: ASRock 970M |

| CASE: Corsair Carbide 88R |STORAGE: 1x WD Black | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: R.A.T 9 |

SOMETIMES LOSING THE BATTLE, MEANS YOU CAN WIN THE WAR

Lets guess the PSU model. *Cough, Cough CX*

No 650 W in CX series... in AX, TX, CS, RM and VS (I hope it's not the last one)

This is a signature.

I THINK IT IS CX, I don't know on top of my head but it sounds familiar.

Oh crap, there's a few red points...

RED

The Service KMSELDI service terminated unexpectedly.  It has done this 1 time(s).

The previous system shutdown at 7:00:29 PM on ‎7/‎17/‎2015 was unexpected.

The TeamViewer 10 service failed to start due to the following error: 

The system cannot find the file specified.

CRITICAL
The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

WARNING (yellow) 
The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device USB\VID_05C6&PID_9039&MI_00\6&ee42403&0&0000.

I wish I could see what model was my PSU, but my case does a good job covering it up haha

I wish I could see what model was my PSU, but my case does a good job covering it up haha

Open your case and look at the power supply...

Can't you like open it? 

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

na :D

What do you mean na? Does it not have a side panel (use quote).

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

No 650 W in CX series... in AX, TX, CS, RM and VS (I hope it's not the last one)

... it's VS 

... it's VS 

OK, first try what @SherifsDog22 said to ensure there's no driver (or related) issues.

Don't forget to test RAM, even though usually it can throw a bluescreen, a faulty stick can make lots of random things.

Then if it's the same try reducing power draw (like, for example, try removing the GPU using the iGPU. Though this might not work for power surge issues) to see if the PSU is overheating, or just try a better PSU

This is a signature.