Radiator Help

I will be doing a custom loop in the Noctis 450. Which rad should I buy?

EK-Coolstream Radiator XTX (360)

or

EK-Coolstream Radiator XT (360)

If I chose the XT version, will the fans fit under the steel top of the case?

or

Both those models are discontinued from EKWB but some places may still have them in stock. The XTX is a thicker 60-64mm compared to the XT which is a 45-47mm rad. 

Both those models are discontinued from EKWB but some places may still have them in stock. The XTX is a thicker 60-64mm compared to the XT which is a 45-47mm rad. 

or

Hard to say I can't even find and info on thickness of supported Rads for this case, but I believe I seen a build where the rad was inside the case and the fans were on the outside of the case covered by the removable plastic cover.

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump

From OC3D's review: http://www.overclock3d.net/reviews/cases_cooling/nzxt_noctis_gaming_case_450_review/7

As you can see although there's enough room up in the roof for push pull you will have to keep the rad below 30mm thick mark. Still, a 30mm thick 360mm or 280mm radiator is more than generous we think. Of course, if you're happy with just one set of fans on extract then you'll be able to use a thicker rad. And let's not forget that as the Noctis 450 eschews 5.25" bays there's also room in the front of the case for a 360 or 280mm radiator.

So with one side of fans I reckon you could do about a 55 mm radiator on the inside? You can see

how it looks on their pics.

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

From OC3D's review: http://www.overclock3d.net/reviews/cases_cooling/nzxt_noctis_gaming_case_450_review/7

So with one side of fans I reckon you could do about a 55 mm radiator on the inside? You can see

how it looks on their pics.

That's the one I saw thanks, I couldn't find it again to link :D

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump

So will it fit on the inside with the fans? Or should the fans be on top?

@alpenwasser 

With a thick Rad they will likely have to be outside, but you don't need a thick rad, its likely over kill unless you have a seriously overkill system overclocked to the max.

That's the one I saw thanks, I couldn't find it again to link :D

He, sounds familiar. :D 

So will it fit on the inside with the fans? Or should the fans be on top?

@alpenwasser

Going from those pictures, I would say the radiator needs to be on the inside, the

fans on the outside. It doesn't look like you have much room on the outside because

of the roof cap's shape.

However, keep in mind I don't have the case either, I'm just going by what I see in

that review.

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic