PSU Help. Please?

TechyNoob

Hey lately my PSU is messing up, and making this wierd tick sound and the front fan led goes on and off at the same intervals the tick is sounding at. My computer won't boot into anything, not even bios, and it happened last night and i reassembled everything and the computer booted up. Worked fine, until i turned it off. As soon as it was off it started ticking again then i just ended up turning the PSU off and going to bed. Now i'm back trying to fix it and I need some help on what to do. Please help!

Hey lately my PSU is messing up, and making this wierd tick sound and the front fan led goes on and off at the same intervals the tick is sounding at. My computer won't boot into anything, not even bios, and it happened last night and i reassembled everything and the computer booted up. Worked fine, until i turned it off. As soon as it was off it started ticking again then i just ended up turning the PSU off and going to bed. Now i'm back trying to fix it and I need some help on what to do. Please help!

Is there a cable that is perhaps coming lose?

| CPU: AMD FX 8350 + H100i | GPU: AMD R9 290X + NZXT Kraken | RAM: HyperX Beast 2033 16GB | PSU: EVGA G2 | MOBO: ASRock 970M |

| CASE: Corsair Carbide 88R |STORAGE: 1x WD Black | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: R.A.T 9 |

SOMETIMES LOSING THE BATTLE, MEANS YOU CAN WIN THE WAR

What PSU?

Setup

CPU: i3 4160|Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE|RAM: Kingston HyperX Blue 8GB(2x4GB)|GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4GB|PSU: Seasonic M12II EVO 620W Modular|Storage: 1TB WD Blue|Case: NZXT S340 Black|PCIe devices: TP-Link WDN4800| Montior: ASUS VE247H| Others: PS3/PS4

Only thing you can really do is test the system with another PSU. If it is your PSU that's causing the issues, then you'll have to replace it. 

What PSU do you have? Is it still covered by warranty? 

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/NdD9dC

It's a EVGA Bronze 80+ 500W PSU

Not exactly a good quality PSU, do you still have warranty?

Setup

CPU: i3 4160|Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE|RAM: Kingston HyperX Blue 8GB(2x4GB)|GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4GB|PSU: Seasonic M12II EVO 620W Modular|Storage: 1TB WD Blue|Case: NZXT S340 Black|PCIe devices: TP-Link WDN4800| Montior: ASUS VE247H| Others: PS3/PS4

Not exactly a good quality PSU, do you still have warranty?

Yeah, i'll just have to register the PSU on evga's website

Yeah, i'll just have to register the PSU on evga's website

Ok just do that and go to support. I would just test the system with another PSU then you know for sure that it's the PSU

Setup

Ok just do that and go to support. I would just test the system with another PSU then you know for sure that it's the PSU

agreed.

• CASE: » CoolerMaster C700M » •  MB:     » ASUS ROG RAMPAGE VI EXTREME »»» LGA 2066 •  CPU:    » Intel i9-9980XE Extreme Edition - 18-Core @ 3.00Ghz •  GPU:   » Inno3D GeForce RTX 3090 - 24GB  GDDR6X •  RAM» Corsair Dominator Platinum - 64GB DDR4 3200Mhz

• CASE: » DeepCool Matrexx 4F » •  MB:     » MSi GodLike Gaming X99 »»» LGA 2011-v3 •  CPU:    » Intel i7-6950x Extreme Edition - 10-Core @ 3.00Ghz •  GPU:   » MSi GeForce GTX 1070 Ti GAMING  - 8GB  GDDR5 •  RAM» Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro - 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz